Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where to find voltage converters and phone cards?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IconsFanatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 4:32 pm    Post subject: Where to find voltage converters and phone cards? Reply with quote

I'm now in Sasang-gu, Busan. Any idea where to find voltage converters and phone cards?? Lots of supermarkets around here, but the nearest "hypermarket" seems miles away. @#$%!
thinker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i lived in sasang-gu:samnack-dong, second dirtiest spot in town! you can pick up a voltage converter for 25,000 at the Carrefour up the road from the Sobubus terminal, you get off at sasang station and follow the directions, can't miss it and home plus, just follow the line of soju tents> > >as far as a phone card, you can pick one up at LG 25's or 711, and basically every little shop has one card or another (Jonwha-card-de)>>>but if you want something for international you can get 530 mins for 50,000 thru kangsan (i think i should get compensated for the amount of times i've mentioned them), it's AT+T and no hidden charges or connection crap> > >much better than my 1000 a minute rate i got with my cell package! enjoy the fresh sasang air!Wink
IconsFanatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks...

I visited that Carrefour, and two different Home Plus locations, and none of them have it! Carrefour did have one converter, but it was for an unusual style of Western plug.

Off to Gukje Market tomorrow to try my luck there! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: