Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yongsan Shopping Guide- 10 Year Thread! - Upd 2/2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
akcrono

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man. Phonetically its spelled Seonin (why they use "eo" for ㅓ is beyond me). I ended up finding it from Yongsan station. Its pretty close to the underground video game tunnel.

It was an AMAZING place for parts. Wish I had known about it a year ago, but I'll probably be going monthly. Its a wonderland. Thank you so much for the heads up.
sundizz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking for a LCD monitor in the 23 to 27 inch range. Any suggestions where to go in this maze of a place. Haven t' visited yet but it sounds exhausting.
Triban

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

akcrono wrote:
Thanks man. Phonetically its spelled Seonin (why they use "eo" for ㅓ is beyond me). I ended up finding it from Yongsan station. Its pretty close to the underground video game tunnel.

It was an AMAZING place for parts. Wish I had known about it a year ago, but I'll probably be going monthly. Its a wonderland. Thank you so much for the heads up.

Is it cheaper to shop there or just do all my shopping online? I don't want to waste a trip to Yongsan when I can get it for the same price or cheaper online!
akcrono

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triban wrote:
akcrono wrote:

Is it cheaper to shop there or just do all my shopping online? I don't want to waste a trip to Yongsan when I can get it for the same price or cheaper online!

Sorta depends on what you want to do. I don't think it's straight up cheaper than online, but the ability to buy barebones computers and used components make it a great option to get stuff built on the cheap. There are so many parts there that you can find almost any specialty part you might need (e.g. its the only place in Korea that I've been able to find a ps2 keyboard to usb adapter).
The Lemon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triban wrote:

It really does depend on what you're looking for. But I'd say for most items, it'll be cheaper (or the same) online.

However, Sunin in Yongsan has a few advantages: you can examine the thing in front of you (this matters for many products, like monitors), and you can have it NOW NOW NOW rather than waiting a couple of days for the Tekbae guy to come. Also, in my experience, the guys at Sunin *can* be very helpful with technical issues.

I like Yongsan - this thread makes that clear, I think - but I often buy things online if Yongsan can't come close to matching the online price and if I'm not in a hurry.
Onymorgs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

Best place to purchase laptop speakers and an mp3 player anyone? I know im being lazy but thats the point if these threads isnt it? Wink
Xuanzang

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ the Lemon. Are there any repair shops in particular that you recommend for their trustworthiness or English ability? My Panasonic Y7 wifi card decided to die on me. I have the replacement Intel on me but taking this Japanese thing apart is hard with no online sources.
jiyull

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to find a decent deal for used xboxs or ps3s there or is it better to find deals on bst forums/sites?
The Lemon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xuanzang wrote:
@ the Lemon. Are there any repair shops in particular that you recommend for their trustworthiness or English ability? My Panasonic Y7 wifi card decided to die on me. I have the replacement Intel on me but taking this Japanese thing apart is hard with no online sources.

Apparently the Y7 is closely related to the Y5. Instructions for dis-assembly are here-
http://davesource.com/Solutions/Disassembling-a-Panasonic-Y5/
dkteachlife

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:08 am    Post subject: 32 in LED Tv's Reply with quote

Where is a inexpensive place to get a 32 inch TV I can use as a monitor?

Online which?
Locally like Yongsan?

D
MollyBloom

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone give the whereabouts of the HP center in Yongsan? I wasn't sure if there was also an HP place in Guro Digital complex, but that would be worth trying out if one is there.

I'm looking to replace my HP laptop battery; how much should I be looking to spend?
The Lemon

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MollyBloom wrote:
Can anyone give the whereabouts of the HP center in Yongsan? I wasn't sure if there was also an HP place in Guro Digital complex, but that would be worth trying out if one is there.

I'm looking to replace my HP laptop battery; how much should I be looking to spend?

Not sure about any of the above, but I've had very good experiences over the last few years Ebaying laptop batteries from Hong Kong or China. I suppose there's a risk of getting a substandard cell, but it hasn't happened to me yet, for three different kinds of laptops and netbooks. I can't imagine Yongsan being cheaper than Ebay.
MollyBloom

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I'll check ebay out!
fezmond

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

akcrono wrote:

where's the underground video game tunnel? i need to find somewhere with a decent selection of games, maybe i'm looking in completely the wrong places
Sticks

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming you know how to get out of Yongsan station? Anyway:
Leave Yongsan station via the footbridge above the railway tracks, you'll end up in a multi-storey building selling mostly computers, laptops, and the occasional game and console. Go down a floor and leave via another footbridge, follow it to the end and you'll face a game store with a korean snack vendor on its right side. Go down the stairs on your left, go straight through the carpark and keep walking. You'll pass the place selling all the mp3 players on your left. Go down the stairs again, swing right 180 degrees, walk about 10m and you'll see the entrance to the underground games alley on your right.

Here's a streetview:
http://map.naver.com/?dlevel=13&lat=37.5329281&lng=126.9632264&menu=location&mapMode=0&flight=off&street=on&streetlat=37.5329279&stilt=7.65&streetlng=126.9632261&spoi=off&ssky=on&streetid=EYhH1WdwJhS4y36jbZTkRg%3D%3D&span=-132.33&sfov=120&enc=b64

directly in centre shot is the carpark you'll go through: the place with the "피카소 전자월드" is the mp3 player place. Directly beneath that with the green "게임전문 할인상가" sign is the games alley.

If you cross the road from here you'll see:
http://map.naver.com/?dlevel=13&lat=37.5329953&lng=126.9631399&menu=location&mapMode=0&flight=off&street=on&streetlat=37.532995&stilt=3.82&streetlng=126.9631399&spoi=off&ssky=on&streetid=kgIRuT4GeJeaCMtqcxQHIQ%3D%3D&span=53.84&sfov=120&enc=b64

There's an underground entrance to some computer accessories/games shops nestled in there. They've got some old and newish games (PC/console), also some second hand ones. I also saw some 'dating sims' for the PC too (in Korean). Perfect for brushing up on your Korean "Oppa!?" Laughing

PS, if you walk past that line of green shops on the right you'll eventually run into Seonin plaza.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: