Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Western Women w/ Korean Guys: Do You Get Evil Eyes?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
everything-is-everything

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newbie wrote:
everything-is-everything wrote:

So you basically post a full paragraph about your own experience with jealous Korean males and then call someone stupid calling K-men jealous freaks?

WTF?

Absolutely! I'm not going to label all Korean men as "jealous freaks" just because of the dozens or so that gave me grief. What about all the Korean men I knew who didn't care about us? What about the hundreds of Korean men we walked by that didn't even flinch when they saw us? What about the millions who have never seen me with a Korean woman, and so I cannot comment on? Are all these men "jealous freaks"? Yeah, in the moment of having Korean men stare at me I could start to feel like all Korean men were the same. But, taking a deep breath and really thinking about the situation enables me to realize that's an unfair conclusion to draw.

Quote:

White guys don't stare disapprovingly over a white girl and Asian guy. It's more like "that's not something you see everyday." More surprise than anything.

That's debatable, and I can agree in principle to what you're saying. I would agree that perhaps most white men in Korea don't care. But, I also know for a fact that there are white men who do care and are extremely angry to see W woman with K man, or any non W man. If you don't agree to that, well, good on ya. I'm comfortable knowing that you're wrong and I'm right and wouldn't need to try to convince you otherwise.

I'm calling b.s. on most of what you just said because I just think you're trying to be fair and politically correct. aka a *beep* Laughing

All Korean men are not jealous freaks, but let's be honest, the local dudes here generally have a massive complex when it comes to white guys and Asian girls.

I've been in this country long enough and so have you Newbie to know that.

It's not necessarily angry in your face jealousy. It's more subtle.

Korean dude: Do you have a girlfriend?

Me: Yeah

Korean dude: Is she Korean?

Me: Yeah

Korean dude: Oooohhhhh!

(can't you sense the jealousy? Laughing )

I'm not saying white guys aren't jealous either. Hell we used to lynch a black guy for even looking at a white girl Shocked

Basically what I'm saying is this:

Asian girls like white guys and vice versa.

Black guys like white girls and vice versa.

White girls generally don't like Asian guys.

White guys aren't really into black girls.

Therefore.......Asian guys need to start dating black chicks!!!!!
Captain Corea

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard that said a number if times by people here, both in RL and on this forum. Lucky for me, I've never really had to encounter it.

I get just as many (or as few) stares when I'm with my wife, with my daughter, or alone.

Strike that, I get more stares with my daughter...

AND grocery shopping.

If I'm grocery shopping WITH my daughter, then we're a stare magnet. lol
s.tickbeat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

highstreet wrote:
^Usually women that earn a high salary aren't attractive. Attractive girls don't have to work to earn. It's just thrust upon them. Just saying.

Are you kidding me? Do people really believe this? I mean, is this really an idea that people actually believe?

It's also wrong, according to science.
edwardcatflap

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
highstreet wrote:
^Usually women that earn a high salary aren't attractive. Attractive girls don't have to work to earn. It's just thrust upon them. Just saying.

Are you kidding me? Do people really believe this? I mean, is this really an idea that people actually believe?

It's also wrong, according to science.

What he was trying to say was that very attractive women don't work at all because they are kept by rich men and live lives of leisure. Not such a radical point - if a bit demeaning towards women. But that's pretty much the norm on here.
s.tickbeat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But (according to science) conventionally attractive people (men as well, you know) are more likely to get raises, promotions, and etc. based not just on their appearance, but on the way people interpret that appearance and make assumptions - if you're fit you're disciplined, hard-working, smart, etc. even if you're not. It's a big problem for larger people especially, who have a much harder in the workplace due to perception of laziness, ill health, or being undisciplined.

I mean, think of all the powerful women in the world. They have a tendency to be attractive (age aside): Sheryl Sandberg, Facebook CEO; Marissa Mayer, new CEO of Yahoo; Gabrielle Giffords, an American senator; Indra Nooyi, CEO Pepsico; Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner, President of Argentina; Ursula Burns, chairman & CEO Xerox. . .

Beyond demeaning, it's also just untrue. We can easily agree that the vase, vast, vast majority of 'trophy wives' are conventionally super-attractive - but to then jump to the idea that attractive women don't work hard or have great jobs is just untrue.
edwardcatflap

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I mean, think of all the powerful women in the world. They have a tendency to be attractive (age aside):

I'm thinking. Some are attractive and some are not so attractive but they all have one thing in common. The money to afford the best grooming and wardrobe.
Seoulman69

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Neither Newbie or Homer live in Korea anymore.
s.tickbeat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edwardcatflap wrote:
Quote:
I mean, think of all the powerful women in the world. They have a tendency to be attractive (age aside):

I'm thinking. Some are attractive and some are not so attractive but they all have one thing in common. The money to afford the best grooming and wardrobe.

For sure. Some of them are too old to be conventionally attractive, as noted.
tiger fancini

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just the other day I was complaining to myself that Dave's had become somewhat boring of late. Then up pops a thread like this! Good work everybody Razz
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we live in a world that has racism and bigotry. And those values have to be guarded by men with big egos. Who's gonna do it? You Madoka? You,
Lt. Patricia Busan? Dodger has a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for the Koreans and you curse the Dogdes of Daves. You have that luxury.

You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: That racism and bigotry, while tragic, probably saved teaching jobs. And Dodge's existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves face.

Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want dodge on that wall. You want dodgey there, so just go on your way and leave the man be, he's got a hot woman after all.

Last edited by Died By Bear on Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total
PatrickGHBusan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edwardcatflap wrote:
Quote:
Holy crap man, how does she tolerate this incessant vomit inducing ranting against her own country and its people?

Plenty of Korean women hook up with foreigners because they themselves dislike their own culture and especially what they see as society's attitude to certain ways of behaving. In these cases I've seen Korean women join in when their husband/boyfriend starts ranting against their own country. Just because you're born in a place doesn't mean you have to like it or its people as a group

There is a HUGE gap between disliking parts of your cutlure (like my wife does when it comes to Korea, like I do when it comes to Canada) and having a spouse who says the most disguting and demeaning things in broad sweeping terms about your culture.
PatrickGHBusan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seoulman69 wrote:
Quote:

True. We did however live there for a long time...married to a Korean woman...so we do have some insight on this.
PatrickGHBusan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Died By Bear wrote:
we live in a world that has racism and bigotry. And those values have to be guarded by men with big egos. Who's gonna do it? You Madoka? You,
Lt. Patricia Busan? Dodger has a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for the Koreans and you curse the Dogdes of Daves. You have that luxury.

You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: That racism and bigotry, while tragic, probably saved teaching jobs. And Dodge's existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves face.

Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want dodge on that wall. You want dodgey there, so just go on your way and leave the man be, he's got a hot woman after all.

Brilliant! Laughing
crescent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatrickGHBusan wrote:
Seoulman69 wrote:
Quote:

True. We did however live there for a long time...married to a Korean woman...so we do have some insight on this.

LOL! You saw the title "Western WOMEN married to Korean MEN", and thought you had insight?
PatrickGHBusan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crescent wrote:
PatrickGHBusan wrote:
Seoulman69 wrote:
Quote:

LOL! You saw the title "Western WOMEN married to Korean MEN", and thought you had insight?

Yeah sorry, have quite a few western female friends married to K-men. Some still in Korea, some having moved to other places. That must have been unclear to you in your giddy hurry to respond.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: