Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does your Paris Baguette try to cheat on price?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moondoggy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Does your Paris Baguette try to cheat on price? Reply with quote

Swampfox10mm wrote:
The PB store near my home is great. No probs. But the one near work really angered me.

For one, I always watch prices because I have found gross mistakes on items in many convenience stores in Seoul. Today's PB experience took the cake. Some egg bread was priced 800 won. There were 4 in the pack. When I saw the price ring up as 3200 won, I asked why. They lady said that one egg bread is 800, but there are 4 in the package. So I got the price from the shelf and she showed me the much smaller type saying "1" after the price.

So I opened the package and said, "Ok, I will take just one." She then said I cannot do that and must buy the full package. Furthermore, she gave me a very sour look for opening the package. After that look, I just told her to cancel everything and I left.

Haha so you thought that egg bread priced at 200 won each, that's about 20 cents! Man you were actually trying to steal the bread.
Come visit the USA we have way too many stores being deceptive with misleading price tags and such. a couple of weeks ago on a Friday night I left a football game and was low on gas, so I stopped at a Shell station. The price posted on the board was evidently the cash price, but noted only in very small print. I did not notice the price at the pump was 10 cents higher than was posted on the board until after I had filled up. Only then did I see the additional small wording on the pump that said a 10 cent discount applied to cash transactions only. I wish I couldve canceled the transaction... but you did.
oppa637

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sound like a douche
Swampfox10mm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. This has little to do with culture and has everything to do with poor business practices. I will take my money elsewhere.
cdninkorea

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the OP. It is deceptive pricing to say it's 800 won when you can't buy just one.
Swampfox10mm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Does your Paris Baguette try to cheat on price? Reply with quote

Moondoggy wrote:
Swampfox10mm wrote:
The PB store near my home is great. No probs. But the one near work really angered me.

For one, I always watch prices because I have found gross mistakes on items in many convenience stores in Seoul. Today's PB experience took the cake. Some egg bread was priced 800 won. There were 4 in the pack. When I saw the price ring up as 3200 won, I asked why. They lady said that one egg bread is 800, but there are 4 in the package. So I got the price from the shelf and she showed me the much smaller type saying "1" after the price.

So I opened the package and said, "Ok, I will take just one." She then said I cannot do that and must buy the full package. Furthermore, she gave me a very sour look for opening the package. After that look, I just told her to cancel everything and I left.

Haha so you thought that egg bread priced at 200 won each, that's about 20 cents! Man you were actually trying to steal the bread.

Your reference to my numbers is a little off, so your math is as well.

As for the bread, they are individual disks the size of 500 won coins and about 1.5 cm high. It is not a stretch to see these costing 800 won for a pack of 4. This pricing scheme is a deliberate attempt to sucker people. Other items similar to this are priced per pack.

Note.... These are not the egg tarts.... Egg bread.
greene

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what are you doing buying 4 500w sized discs of egg bread for 800w?

you're giving me a headache
greene

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait until you get a hankering for minuscule scraps of egg bread and find out you've been banned for life!
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swamper, go back and pay & apologize. If you haven't realized it by now, it's not the money - it's the relationship that counts in Korea! Very Happy Razz
schwa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Re: Does your Paris Baguette try to cheat on price? Reply with quote

Swampfox10mm wrote:
... really angered me.

Wow. Possibly the most feeble whine I've ever read on daves.
yfb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic made me giggle. OP sure got told.
lemak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Does your Paris Baguette try to cheat on price?

In that they find it acceptable to charge three bucks for two day old, sneezed on, soggy milk bread laden with seemingly cupfuls of sugar and/or bat sperm?

If that's your definition of cheating on price then yes, mine does. As apparently do all of them.
PatrickGHBusan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swampie, you made a mistake and then made that worse by opening the package for a FOOD ITEM and then refusing to pay for it and leaving.

If you were so sure of your argument, why not ask to talk to the supervisor or manager instead of tossing it all on the counter and leaving?

I am sure the supervisor-manager could have sorted all this out.
Dodge7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greene wrote:
i wish i could

tool.
I'm with ya OP. They were wrong, as usual.
Dodge7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

newb wrote:
Go back to the store. Apologize and pay for the stuff. They'll remember you and treat you really well. You'll be quiet surprised.

You really are a newb, aren't you? Why should he lose face? He's in Korea he should play by Korean rules, right? Cuts both ways.
young_clinton

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please.......... a pastry item at PB generally costs 800 - to over 1000 Won and usually stores don't sell things taken out of packaged items. Have you ever bought a single piece of bread out of a loaf package?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: