Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CRC for Canadians
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mrsk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: CRC for Canadians Reply with quote

I was told when I was getting my documents ready for Korea that I would need several weeks to get my CRC here in Canada and that I should do it ASAP. I did some research and it seems there is a new option available in some areas of Canada. I can't say everywhere because I don't know but here's what I do know.

The RCMP now accepts digital fingerprints for a CRC.

You will need to find a police station or private company that will do them. It cost me $70 for the digital prints and the CRC together.

I received my CRC in under two weeks. The RCMP says that they will issue the CRC within 72 hours of receiving the digital prints.

I think it must be new, but of course I stand to be corrected, because even the digital finger print company thought it would take at least 4-5 weeks to get my CRC mailed to me.

Just info for anyone needing to get one done in Canada. Check into the digital option, could have you ready for Korea a lot sooner.
toddt82

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't require fingerprints. Walk into an OPP branch (or whichever police force covers your province), request the CRC with two pieces of ID, pay $25, wait however long it takes, pick it up, and proceed to get it notarized at the Korean consulate. Fingerprints not required. But just make sure the database they search is the national database.
schwa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vancouver consulate required the form to be notarized by a notary public or lawyer before they would accept it for certification. My experience last year.
toddt82

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that was true for Ontario as well. I needed to have it notarized by a notary public in 2010, but when I did it again in 2012 it was no longer needed. I'm not sure if that the case for the Vancouver consulate. Best to double check that on their website.
jadefrog

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't take the chance on Immigration and the Ministry of Education accepting anything other than a fingerprint-based, RCMP criminal records check. I know of several cases in which provincial or metro level checks were rejected -- even though they used an RCMP database.
Skippy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jadefrog wrote:
I wouldn't take the chance on Immigration and the Ministry of Education accepting anything other than a fingerprint-based, RCMP criminal records check. I know of several cases in which provincial or metro level checks were rejected -- even though they used an RCMP database.

I agree. I would do a variation of this. I do agree that immigration usually wants the RCMP fingerprint check. It is a role of the dice on what an immi official will do. So for most people I would recommend get a name check and an RCMP fingerprint check. Name check will get done quicker, the fingerprint depending can take some time. Once you have the name check, then apply. You will likely get accepted by immigration. But by having the RCMP fingerprint check in the works you can prepared two ways. One by having a backup CRC for SHTF situations. Two, if the name check is refused you can say you have the fingerprint in the works and will be there soon.
Spike

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have any recommendations as to what police station would be easiest to get the fingerprints done at?

Regarding the RCMP now accepting digital fingerprints, the website says otherwise regarding print taken OUTSIDE Canada - which does me no good at all.
Skippy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spike wrote:
Does anyone have any recommendations as to what police station would be easiest to get the fingerprints done at?

Regarding the RCMP now accepting digital fingerprints, the website says otherwise regarding print taken OUTSIDE Canada - which does me no good at all.

Where are you located? I look at your side profile, I am guessing Seoul. The basic for getting fingerprints is think for -dong and less -gu. Small community aka gu police stations will likely shurg shoulder and say no. Bigger/dong stations will be more helpful.

Also search the board for some previous recommendations on places here in Korea.
Using google ---> site:forums.eslcafe.com/korea Seoul Fingerprints

Here are three links that might help...
http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=201705
http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=182439
http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=213202

Remember to get at least two copies of your prints taken. Nothing can ruin your life, like smudged prints.
coryallan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my visa issuance number and I used a police check from the OPP. I went to the location in Aurora that does same day service for $45, no fingerprints.
Wildbore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coryallan wrote:
I just got my visa issuance number and I used a police check from the OPP. I went to the location in Aurora that does same day service for $45, no fingerprints.

My experience is that a locally/provincially issued CPIC check will suffice. Immigration must be more aware of how Canadian checks work, they seem to be allowing most/all CPIC checks now.
Kwai_Chang_Kain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a recruiter tell me that my CRC must be from the RCMP and the one I got last week from Winnipeg Police Service is no good despite the "National Criminal Records Repository of Canada" being included in the check.

However, the Korean Consulate in Toronoto website says that the CRC needs to be issued by Ontario or Manitoba government and not necessarily the RCMP.

Do the school or recruiter need to see my CRC before I can get a visa issuance number or is the CRC only needed by the consulate?
Spike

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the station across from Seoul Station and they said I need to bring a fingerprint form from the Canadian Embassy. I fought them a bit on this saying that I need a form issued by them but they wouldnt budge.

Are they correct? Do I need to get the forms from the Embassy?

It doesnt sound right to me.
Spike

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone?

I still haven't been able to find any information about this. Do I need to get a special fingerprint form from the Canadian Embassy to take to the police station??
Spike

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Embassy just told me that it now takes NINE weeks to get your CRC done after sending your prints back to Canada.

I have a feeling a lot of people are going to be screwed because of this.
Skippy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spike wrote:
The Embassy just told me that it now takes NINE weeks to get your CRC done after sending your prints back to Canada.

I have a feeling a lot of people are going to be screwed because of this.

Really NINE weeks, that is amazing. I have sent of 2 groups of 2, 2 Never showed up, 2 took I think about 5 months to get to my sisters.

Nine weeks, that is an improvement.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: