Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The OFFICIAL Motorcycle/Scooter thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 177, 178, 179, 180, 181  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haydn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate it. You've pretty much confirmed what I figured was my main issue.

As much as I would love a new bike, my financial obligations aren't gonna make that possible for a couple years yet (student loans, nearly paid off).

You guys are giving sound advice, but I'm also a bit hard headed. I might try a few trial runs to see how the bike handles after an hour or so at speed. I live on the very southern edge of the Seoul burbs so that won't be too tricky.

If you guys owe me a 'told you so' I'll let you know!
KNet229

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck!

Last edited by KNet229 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
joesp

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Aprilia RS 125 2-stroke parts/rebuild? Reply with quote

no_tofu_speed wrote:
Also anyone happen to know a place where to get parts for an Aprilia RS 125, or even know of a reliable place to do a rebuild?

One of the stores that used to be an Aprilia dealer said there are no more Aprilia dealers in Korea now! He said they may put a store back into Korea "sometime later". He also said you would need to have the part number to order a part, which could take a few weeks or a month.

Unescapable conclusion: bad time to buy an Aprilia
tirinal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to transport a motorcycle for a friend and really don't feel like riding it and then taking the KTX back.

Any references for a motorcycle delivery service that is a) not terrible, and b) preferably speaks English?

Thanks.
no_tofu_speed

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the brand name gear like gloves and full leathers etc in places like Maxler in Itaewon or along Toegyero 5 authentic? Is there knockoffs of Dainese, Alpinestars etc common in Korea?
andrewchon

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tirinal wrote:
I need to transport a motorcycle for a friend and really don't feel like riding it and then taking the KTX back.

Any references for a motorcycle delivery service that is a) not terrible, and b) preferably speaks English?

Thanks.

What is the cycle and from where to where is the journey?
darkjedidave

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I took my 04 Hyo GT650 to get ready for spring (didn't ride it since Novermeber) I had the battery replaced and everything check out fine. Next day, it will not start; turns over maybe 2-3 times and stops. Roll starts no problem and runs fine. The shop said it would cost over 1 million to tear the engine apart and fix. He said its not the starter motor and even if it was, they don't make them for that old of model anymore. And ideas what the issue is?
kimchi_pizza

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tirinal wrote:

Thanks.

There really isn't a motorcycle delivery service that you can contact personally, specially one with an understanding of English. Your best bet is finding a local, reliable mechanic and THEY will help put you in touch with someone or even go out of their way to help you and do it themselves. It can be surprisingly cheap and know it will be transported well, but no way of certainty.
I've had several bikes shipped to and from various places, long and short distances, yet they do their best to make sure it's safe.
The mechanic, himself, may do it if the price is fair and they have the means to do it.
Tblake

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Bike Registration Reply with quote

I've read up on a number of the threads regarding registering a bike.

My situation is that I've got all the paperwork, seen here:

이륜자동차 사용실고필증 (2009)
이륜자동차보험 (2009)
이륜자동차 사용폐지증명서 (2009)
지로영수증
무통장입금확인서 (looks like a bank transfer?)
취득세납세고지서 (70,000)
and a receipt from the bike shop (3,500,000)

...but the previous owner never de-registered the bike making it nearly impossible to register again. I did locate the guy, but he's abroad. He's agreed to help in any way possible.

Are there any kind of affidavits or paperwork he can just sign without having to be physically present to de-register the bike?

Thanks, this is a wonderful thread.
sammykorea

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to be able to register the bike there are two options.

1- Both of the seller and the buyer must be present at the registration office. In this case signing documents for transfer is enough. No stamp is required.
2- One of the seller or buyer must stamp (only signing is not accepted in absence of the sales agreement, and the other must be present at the registration office with this stamped agreement and with a certificate ( 인감증명서) that shows that the stamp belongs to the person mentioned in the agreement .

In your case none of these options is possible, since the previous owner cannot provide you 인감증명서.

You are not totally out of options though. Here is a step by step guide . (Warning: I am not sure the things below are 100% legal. But most of them was told me by the officer at Yongsan Car Registration Office when i insisted on a way that makes the registration possible in this case.)
I am assuming the bike still has the plates on it. Otherwise it gets much more complicated.

1-Previous owner(PO) is out of the country, but he probably still has a copy of his ARC. He probably emailed it to someone while he was in Korea. He can check sent folder of his email. You need to get that copy first.
Then comes another question :
Do you have a copy of bike's registration certificate under PO's name?
YES --> Then you print out the copy of PO's ARC, and go to the registration office with one of your foreign friends pretending to be PO. They may ask for ARC, you can tell that it is in the immigration for renewal, or at school for visa procedures etc.
Or you can try the way in case the answer is NO (below)
NO --> You will need to make a stamp in name of PO. You bring that stamp with you to the registration office. First you will need to produce the bike registration certificate. And will try to register it without 인감증명서. A foreign friends pretending to be PO would help in this case too.

I am sure the explanation was also very complicated like the situation itself.

You can solve this problem according to the attitude of the officer at the registration office. Some tries to make everything according to the book, while some understand the situation and try to help. It depends where you are located.

If you let me know the plate no or the VIN, then i can check from the system whether it is still registered under PO's name or not.
last goodbye

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know where I could get a GPS with English that'll mount on a bike? I could get a used Hyundai HN 90, but it seems that it only uses a plug in, not batteries. I also tried an app on my Galaxy S, but to no avail.
_kojak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me how much it cost to replace a 400cc battery? Specifically a Honda CB400.

I was told 65 and 80 by 2 different shops, but I dont know what theyll give me. Gmarket has a huge range.
AnsanAnswers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Scooter Sat for 1 Year Reply with quote

My friend is going to let me borrow his '07 Daelim 125cc scooter for the summer. I'm not sure of the exact model. He has always kept it well maintained and got regular oil changes, but he hasn't touched it in almost a year. What kind of maintenance do you think may be necessary to get it road ready?

I haven't even looked at it yet, but I'm thinking I'll definitely have to charge/replace battery and check the air pressure in the tires.

Do you think it's necessary to drain the fuel tank or at least pour an additive in to help clean it up? Whats the name of a Korean fuel cleaner? How about the oil, will it still be ok after 10 months?

I don't want to have to invest too much into it, but also don't want to cheap out and do damage to his bike. Thanks for the help!
last goodbye

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: GPS App Reply with quote

Does anyone use Tmap on Galaxy S2 (Tmap 3)? I am trying to learn to use it. KNow any kinda tutorial for it. Or know any better apps for a motorcycle?
kimchi_pizza

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all,

I just wanted to put the word out that I'll be placing my bike on the market soon.

2002, 750cc Honda Shadow ACE (American Classic Edition)
All black, black leather saddlebags, windshield, red/blue wigwags, 80,000 km,
blue neon lights under tank (cool as all get out in the evening rides),
tip top engine, frame, body...Rear tire is at 60% though.

I'll also toss in an extra battery and charger.

For serious inquiries, feel free to pm me~

Heavy motorcycle endorsement on license is required by law to ride, but not to purchase and change of title.

I'm in the Daegu area.

Have a good one~!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 177, 178, 179, 180, 181  Next
Page 178 of 181

Jump to: