Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The ABSOLUTE ULTIMATE Gmarket Rip-Off

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FDNY

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: The ABSOLUTE ULTIMATE Gmarket Rip-Off Reply with quote

Check out this Gmarket ad for a Swiss Luminox watch. (for non-horologists the Luminox brand is a Swiss watch brand for kindergarden children only)

http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/detailview/Item.aspx?goodscode=298151115&pos_shop_cd=EN&pos_class_cd=90000001&pos_class_kind=T&keyword_order=luminox

Now check out the real price:

http://www.luxuryofwatches.com/luminox-air-sr-71-blackbird-9000-mens-9062/

Unreal. If you're going to go big, go REALLY big.
coralreefer_1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant help but feel that any idiot willing to throw down that much money (either the real, or inflated price) for ANY item but cant be bothered to do any research beforehand and make comparisons deserves to get raped.
War Eagle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can see here on Gmarket the same seller has that watch listed many times. Most of the prices are around 3,000,000 won (still over 100% mark up), but no where close to that ad.

What were his intentions? No idea. But, I would assume the listing price got wrongly inserted somehow.
FDNY

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

War Eagle wrote:
You can see here on Gmarket the same seller has that watch listed many times. Most of the prices are around 3,000,000 won (still over 100% mark up), but no where close to that ad.

What were his intentions? No idea. But, I would assume the listing price got wrongly inserted somehow.

Actually you can see other watches he has for sale there, that are wildly overpriced. I think he is going for the long shot. But in my experience anyone with enough disposable income to buy a watch costing as much as a house would be smart enough not to fall for his ad. But all he needs is one sucker and he'd pretty much be set for life.
peachKitten713

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: The ABSOLUTE ULTIMATE Gmarket Rip-Off Reply with quote

Omg wow that is a HUGE difference lol. Yeah like someone else said, one sucker and he'd definitely be set haha.
thegadfly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was kinda thinking the person simply entered the wrong amount -- on Zillow, I have seen $300,000 houses listed for sale for $2,000. Of course, the houses were for RENT for $2k a month, but the lister/seller wasn't smart enough to click all the buttons right, and so we see stupid postings.

The seller here is clearly stupid -- I just think he may have been "helplessly/hopelessly" stupid, rather than "greedy/evil" stupid. Whichever, apparently one needs to double-check prices before buying from 로미와줄리
IS-F

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: The ABSOLUTE ULTIMATE Gmarket Rip-Off Reply with quote

FDNY wrote:
(for non-horologists the Luminox brand is a Swiss watch brand for kindergarden children only)

BAHAHAHA so true. But it has a security buckle!!
IS-F

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, a true horologist would NOT buy a watch on Gmarket.
ThingsComeAround

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love how all the pics have the watch photoshopped in. If someone has 100K to spend on a watch I don't think they will shop GMarket....
andrewchon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the Asian riches, sometimes gifts makes more serious meaning when a larger sum is spent. e.g. when you go see your girl friend's father to ask her hand in marriage, your take gifts in gold. That signifies your seriousness. Those that seem horribly overpriced are not for your miserly purchases. It's for people who say things with money: I can afford to spend $####### for your friendship and I have more, NOT here's a gift in asset worth $&&&&&&& can we be friends? Money isn't money, you know.
Fox

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrewchon wrote:
With the Asian riches, sometimes gifts makes more serious meaning when a larger sum is spent. e.g. when you go see your girl friend's father to ask her hand in marriage, your take gifts in gold. That signifies your seriousness. Those that seem horribly overpriced are not for your miserly purchases. It's for people who say things with money: I can afford to spend $####### for your friendship and I have more, NOT here's a gift in asset worth $&&&&&&& can we be friends? Money isn't money, you know.

What does this have to do with someone trying to sell a thousand dollar watch for over 140,000 dollars? Do you think the guy's going to hand his father in law the $140,000 receipt along with that thousand dollar watch?
andrewchon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. How else would you impress people with money? Don't feel bad just because you don't understand the life styles of the rich. Cool
wishfullthinkng

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that piece of crap isn't even worth 1,000....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: