Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Breaking Bad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WadRUG'naDoo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucheon bum wrote:
So one fault of the show: he's still getting chemo but grows a beard and a full head of hair? Uh nope.. Sorry..

First cabin chemo?
12ax7

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radcon wrote:
bucheon bum wrote:
So one fault of the show: he's still getting chemo but grows a beard and a full head of hair? Uh nope.. Sorry..

That aside, this was a good build up to the last episode. I only wonder why Jesse just doesn't commit suicide yet.

Do we know he is back to getting chemo? Haven't seen him at the doctors in a long while.
The thing that I don't understand is that after getting tens of millions of dollars, the white supremacists go back to cooking meth right away. You would think they would at least take some time off and get the lay of the land or have a little fun, especially after just offing two DEA agents. But then I guess Walt would not get the chance to save Jesse and use that bag of guns.

The kid convinced his uncle to keep on cooking because he likes their uptight buyer.
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a good run, I've enjoyed this show very much. TV has come a long way since I was a lad. Smile

I really thought Pinkman was going to escape.
12ax7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Died By Bear wrote:
It's been a good run, I've enjoyed this show very much. TV has come a long way since I was a lad. Smile

I really thought Pinkman was going to escape.

I was sure that Walt wanted to rescue Jesse, but he seems to be more interested in his money and revenge. Also, with what happened in the latest episode, I'm not sure that Jesse would want anything to do with him. In fact, if Walt dies in the finale, I wouldn't be surprised if it's at his hands.

Last edited by 12ax7 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:38 am; edited 1 time in total
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

radcon wrote:
bucheon bum wrote:

That aside, this was a good build up to the last episode. I only wonder why Jesse just doesn't commit suicide yet.

Do we know he is back to getting chemo? Haven't seen him at the doctors in a long while.
The thing that I don't understand is that after getting tens of millions of dollars, the white supremacists go back to cooking meth right away. You would think they would at least take some time off and get the lay of the land or have a little fun, especially after just offing two DEA agents. But then I guess Walt would not get the chance to save Jesse and use that bag of guns.

Did you see the latest episode? His "errand man" brings him the chemo drugs and Walt has to pay him $10K to get him to stay for an hour to play cards.

I assume that's what the IV and drugs were for. Don't know what else it could be..
seoulsucker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Grey Matter issue has been way underplayed. It's basically the entire motivation for Walt's Heisenberg transformation. He's a brilliant man, capable of so much, who ended up getting pushed around by his wife and scrubbing his students' tires, all because of a fallout/buyout with Gretchen and Elliot.

In the same interview, they mention the resurgence of the blue meth, which would lead Walt to believe that Jesse is still alive and cooking for Jack and co. Now that Walter White's family is completely out of reach, could he be going to save Heisenberg's son? Or will this end in a GTA style rampage at Grey Matter?

So many options on the table. I honestly have no idea how this is all going to play out.
Steelrails

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap...I'm half expecting AMC to suddenly hit us with 4 more episodes to tie it up.

I don't know if they can pull it off, but if they do, this has to go down as the best executed TV show in history. I like Deadwood more, but for pure execution...
geldedgoat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelrails wrote:
I don't know if they can pull it off, but if they do, this has to go down as the best executed TV show in history. I like Deadwood more, but for pure execution...

Did Deadwood wrap up nicely? The chatter of an unrealized 4th season and TV movies made me wary of getting involved in another Firefly.
12ax7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seoulsucker wrote:
I think the Grey Matter issue has been way underplayed. It's basically the entire motivation for Walt's Heisenberg transformation. He's a brilliant man, capable of so much, who ended up getting pushed around by his wife and scrubbing his students' tires, all because of a fallout/buyout with Gretchen and Elliot.

In the same interview, they mention the resurgence of the blue meth, which would lead Walt to believe that Jesse is still alive and cooking for Jack and co. Now that Walter White's family is completely out of reach, could he be going to save Heisenberg's son? Or will this end in a GTA style rampage at Grey Matter?

So many options on the table. I honestly have no idea how this is all going to play out.

Yes, quite possible...but it could also be a red herring. Makes me wonder if they'll play a role at all in the final episode.

You're right about him knowing Jesse is still alive, but I think he was hoping that's what would happen since he's the only other guy who can produce the blue meth...but again, after what happened in the latest episode, I am not sure Jesse will forgive him.

It's going to be an interesting finale.
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

geldedgoat wrote:
Steelrails wrote:

Did Deadwood wrap up nicely? The chatter of an unrealized 4th season and TV movies made me wary of getting involved in another Firefly.

I wouldn't say it wrapped up nicely, but it didn't keep you hanging if memory recalls. The show could have easily continued on, but you also don't go, "WTF? That's it?" at the end.
geldedgoat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucheon bum wrote:
geldedgoat wrote:
Steelrails wrote:

I wouldn't say it wrapped up nicely, but it didn't keep you hanging if memory recalls. The show could have easily continued on, but you also don't go, "WTF? That's it?" at the end.

What makes you feel that it didn't wrap up well (if you can answer without spoiling anything)?
cheezsteakwit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/09/breaking-bad-recap-granite-state/

interesting read

- my prediction

Jesse's gonna rig the meth lab to explode when he and Todd are in there together , after saying " This IS personal, bitch ! ... KABOOM.

Walt's gonna turn himself in & bring down the Nazi's and that conniving black haired chick working with Todd & the Czech's

This will also allow him to bring Hank's killers to 'justice' . There's no way he can take down the Nazi gang by himself .

It will also let him clear the air regarding the lies he just witnessed on TV regarding Grey Matter.

The whole reason he started cooking meth was to provide for his family and now that they hate him, all that money is wasted anyway.

His cancer may take his life soon anyway, & by turning himself in, he can turn Heisenberg back into Walter White & prove that what the Grey Matter lady said about Walter White being dead, wasn't true.
Steelrails

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geldedgoat wrote:
bucheon bum wrote:
geldedgoat wrote:
Steelrails wrote:

What makes you feel that it didn't wrap up well (if you can answer without spoiling anything)?

Well clearly the show was intended to run longer, but I don't hold that against the show as it was a network decision. The ending was true to the shows themes and actually worked alright.

The big thing about Deadwood is its language and atmosphere. The show stands up well to repeated viewings as you uncover subtle things. It's basically a whole new version of the English language you hear- Shakespeare crossed with Westerns with modern profanity thrown in.

=============================================

As far as BB goes, all I have to say is that nothing good comes from a machine gun in your trunk.
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelrails wrote:
geldedgoat wrote:
bucheon bum wrote:
geldedgoat wrote:
Steelrails wrote:

Well clearly the show was intended to run longer, but I don't hold that against the show as it was a network decision. The ending was true to the shows themes and actually worked alright.

Yeah. It was just a feeling that the show had a lot more to give, but at the same time there weren't any loose story lines when it finished. Honestly, it's been a few years since I watched the show, so I am just going on my memory of not being frustrated or annoyed at the end.
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this thread because there's not a single argument in it.

It's like being in Switzerland with you guys, enjoying a beer on the veranda.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 17 of 20

Jump to: