Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Breaking Bad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waynehead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope we get an uncompromising depressing as all out finale from Breaking Bad. I want to see WW wasting away in a prison cell or dying alone out in the middle of a desert with the full knowledge that his family has given up on him and all of his work has been for naught. Anything less, any glimmer of hope, any suggestion that something may have or may yet work out...I'll be disappointed.

And considering this is American TV, and American culture...I'm skeptical. Has any American show/film with as much pop-cultural influence as BB has been gutsy enough to end in such a way? Arguably The Sopranos, depending on how you interpret the ending. Nothing else springs to mind.
12ax7

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

waynehead wrote:
I really hope we get an uncompromising depressing as all out finale from Breaking Bad. I want to see WW wasting away in a prison cell or dying alone out in the middle of a desert with the full knowledge that his family has given up on him and all of his work has been for naught. Anything less, any glimmer of hope, any suggestion that something may have or may yet work out...I'll be disappointed.

And considering this is American TV, and American culture...I'm skeptical. Has any American show/film with as much pop-cultural influence as BB has been gutsy enough to end in such a way? Arguably The Sopranos, depending on how you interpret the ending. Nothing else springs to mind.

The producers and critics keep telling us it is a morality tale about how there are consequences to all actions. So, yeah, I would tend to agree with you. Better yet...He's cured of cancer and in jail.
12ax7

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

waynehead wrote:

The producers and critics keep telling us it is a morality tale about how there are consequences to all actions. So, yeah, I would tend to agree with you. Better yet...He's cured for cancer by a drug developed by his former company and spends the rest of his life in jail.
I'm With You

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things have not ended well for Jesse. What's to say that Walt will do any better.

It's safe to say, however, that Jesse is paying big time for what he's done, as are those close to him.

Curious what punishment awaits Walt.
Steelrails

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janny

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait for the upcoming episode. But I'm also so sad to see such a fantastic series end.

I do like how the series was not dragged out, and on, and on, too long, like many others. Nice and clean.
fermentation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walter White is gone, as symbolized by the glass in the final shot. Heisenberg had his drinks on the rocks, Walter had his neat.
12ax7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermentation wrote:
Walter White is gone, as symbolized by the glass in the final shot. Heisenberg had his drinks on the rocks, Walter had his neat.

Heisenberg never was gone. He kept the hat.
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe Walt died.
Captain Corea

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now THAT is how you end a series.
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelrails wrote:

Damn! Love it.

Thought the music (Marty Robbins) and that particular song if you know it, fits for this episode. They thought of everything.
seoulsucker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Corea wrote:
Now THAT is how you end a series.

Yup. Deliberate, measured, cathartic.
Steelrails

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda wanted to see a bleak ending, but they really finished it well. Not to get all sappy, but I understand why Vince Gilligan said he shed a tear when writing the finale.
Bondrock

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also thought the ending was satisfactory.

This morning I got a laugh out of these fake spin-off ideas:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/maureen-ryan/breaking-bad-ozymandias_b_3931402.html?utm_hp_ref=maureen-ryan#slide=2901217

scroll down for the slideshow.

'Huell on Wheels'
In this show, Huell finally breaks free of his mercurial employer, Saul Goodman, and pursues a career in high-stakes car theft. It's a 'Gone in 60 Seconds' (or, given that Huell doesn't move all that fast, 'Gone in 60 Minutes') adventure hour that car freaks will enjoy.
northway

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone else wondering where Jesse is? Did he get arrested? Is he free? I was disappointed by the finale in that they didn't really finish his story.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 18 of 20

Jump to: