Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Expat Hell Blog - How to Read?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brento1138

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Expat Hell Blog - How to Read? Reply with quote

Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone can access the Expat Hell blog? That was pretty much my favorite blog on the net. And it appears to be gone... or at least, hidden, so that the krazies don't get access to it...

So... anyone know what's up?
Smithington

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where you been, bro? This topic has been done...and done very recently.
Jacob M

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be back online in the future, but the date is yet to be determined. Currently there is no way to read it, and even members do not have access to blog posts at this time. After a few server updates and changes, it will go back online, so don't panic =)
brento1138

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacob M wrote:
It will be back online in the future, but the date is yet to be determined. Currently there is no way to read it, and even members do not have access to blog posts at this time. After a few server updates and changes, it will go back online, so don't panic =)

That's good to hear, my blog reading list just isn't the same without it.

Looking forward to the return of Expat Hell!
Scorpion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacob M wrote:

Jake, you're still alive.Very Happy Thanks for the update. The Korean blogosphere just hasn't been the same. Where you been, bro? Did the netizens get hold of your details or what? Given the other thread about the whereabouts of your blog, I was wondering when you'd pop in to give us the lowdown. Then a guy called "Jacob" gets a new account to make one (and only one) post. The topic..."He'll be right back folks." Good news, Jake. Your fans await.

Even Steelrails has been missing you. Very Happy
hogwonguy1979

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacob M wrote:

can't wait until it comes back, best blog out there only thing that came close was Mr Wonderfuls blogs
greene

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can read most of it using the wayback machine web archive
greene

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://web.archive.org/web/20140306233515/http://www.expathell.com/
Jacob M

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well friends, its tough to say what new format a new site might take, but I can guarantee you that expats in Korea will once again have something they can enjoy reading and commenting on freely.

The old site will remain up as a members only forum, and members by the way, also don't have access to old posts. I will likely take my collection of old posts, polish and rewrite the ones I like, and publish them again in the future. There is currently about 900 pages of material. As the forum grows, I figured it would be better to seperate the two instead of trying to assign a bunch of different permissions to a single site.

I am also ambivalet about writing on Korea-related issues because I don't think, and many other scribblers agree, that Korea is really fascinating enough or interesting enough, at least to me, to write more than 900 pages about. Just my personal opinion.

All topics of my own personal interest have been exhausted, and whats left is the boring k-pop fluffy monoculture that I don't really want to invest any time writing about. Other people can do that, and record youtube videos about it, and take pictures of it, etc, but it ain't me.

I am not going to login to ESLcafe much anymore. I only came to reply to this topic and answer a few questions.

Take care all.
brento1138

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, expat hell is back!

http://www.expathell.com/

Love that page.
matthews_world

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy thinks he's a genious perhaps but he just rehashes the same garbage that we long-termers experience/leave. Very predictable.
CentralCali

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matthews_world wrote:
The guy thinks he's a genious perhaps but he just rehashes the same garbage that we long-termers experience/leave. Very predictable.

Well, he does constantly misuse whom in his writing and the general topics are known to long-termers; however, he does put his own twist on the tale, and he does know how to spell genius. Laughing
Paddycakes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's an entertaining writer.

Makes me miss the days of the 'Freaky Waygooks'... unfortunately, most of them can't make it past the new screening system or they've basically been kicked out of Korea...
World Traveler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of creeper1.
http://www.expathell.com/?p=5947
cj1976

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hogwonguy1979 wrote:
Jacob M wrote:

can't wait until it comes back, best blog out there only thing that came close was Mr Wonderfuls blogs

I respectfully disagree. At least Mr Wonderful wrote with a fairly witty self-deprecating tone. This blog is just a platform for undisguised sneery derision.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: