Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fixing my HP laptop left click key..Yongsan??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
itiswhatitis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Fixing my HP laptop left click key..Yongsan?? Reply with quote

My HP laptop left click is a little loose and it's annoying because I have to tap it hard to do a left click.

I want to take it to get it fixed. I remember Yongsan electronics market having an HP service center so I plan to take it there and try my luck.

However any advice/insight is appreciated about laptop repairs at Yongsan or in/around Seoul.

My laptop is old enough so that I doubt I have any warranty so I will likely have to pay a small fee (that is OK with me).

Thanks in advance.
greene

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the service center is over-priced

i asked them to replace my laptop keyboard and the price for the hardware alone was like $120 (you can find it online for much cheaper). plus service charges would bring it up to like $200. after i thought about it i just ended up buying a way better laptop on my next trip to America for like double that cost
maximmm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greene wrote:
the service center is over-priced

i asked them to replace my laptop keyboard and the price for the hardware alone was like $120 (you can find it online for much cheaper). plus service charges would bring it up to like $200. after i thought about it i just ended up buying a way better laptop on my next trip to America for like double that cost

Most service centers are overpriced.

Warranty service centers, on the other hand, often fix your PC but also replace a few new parts with older ones (of different brand to boot) - at least that's what happened to me when I knew nothing about computers.

That's why it's better to learn as much as you can about computers - so that you wouldn't have to visit rip-off service-centers (same applies to many car mechanic shops as well)
SeoulNate

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

depending on the model, they are pretty easy to replace by yourself.

Can usually get a keyboard replacement online for 10-20$

Search your model number and see how difficult it is to replace they keyboard.
cadurling

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it with computer repair so many people say it's overpriced? Although a keyboard replacement is easy on most models, IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. For a shop to find, order, document, and install a part it takes time and skill. Beside that it is guaranteed to work, all screws in the correct place, no scuff marks on the case, no bent/broken cables, etc.

I'm really sick of people suggesting DIY when it isn't that simple. I don't know how many times I've gotten a computer to fix that the customer has tried to fix it themselves and has made it much worse and more costly when they bring it to me.
maximmm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cadurling wrote:
Why is it with computer repair so many people say it's overpriced? Although a keyboard replacement is easy on most models, IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. For a shop to find, order, document, and install a part it takes time and skill. Beside that it is guaranteed to work, all screws in the correct place, no scuff marks on the case, no bent/broken cables, etc.

I'm really sick of people suggesting DIY when it isn't that simple. I don't know how many times I've gotten a computer to fix that the customer has tried to fix it themselves and has made it much worse and more costly when they bring it to me.

Seems to me then that you should be thanking us Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: