Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Requirements for traveling with a pet to U.S...??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mzeno

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Requirements for traveling with a pet to U.S...?? Reply with quote

I'm wondering what documents I will need at the airport to check in my dog. She is traveling as cargo. I know I will need rabies but will I also need a health certificate to get through quarantine or does it depend on the airline requirements? I've tried calling the quarantine office in Incheon many times but can't get past a recorded message. Also, after arriving in US when and where do you need to present documents again and where do you pick up animal? Thanks.
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about other airlines but Delta has an embargo on pet travel from 05/15 to 09/15 due to temperatures.

You need a pet crate that is IATA compliant. KAL also requires that it travel in a wooden crate if it weighs over 66 pounds.

From KAL website, but check whatever airline you fly for specific info:

HEALTH CERTIFICATE
Many airlines require a health certificate indicating that the pet is healthy enough for travel, is free of diseases communicable to humans and has been properly vaccinated, especially when traveling in the cargo section of the aircraft. A Health Certificate completed by your veterinarian within 10 days of travel is required by Korean Air when your pet is traveling as manifest cargo.

INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL
If you are traveling to another country, Korean Air will want to see that you have the proper documents to enter that country with your pet. Most countries have their own version of a Veterinary Certificate. In addition, some countries require an Import Permit. Find pet passport forms and instructions in the Pet Travel Store.

HOT AND COLD WEATHER RESTRICTIONS
When runway temperatures are above 84F (29C) degrees at the departure airport, Korean Air may refuse to board your pet as cargo or checked baggage. When the weather is very cold with a runway temperature below 45F (7C) degrees at the time of departure, Korean Air may require what is called an Acclimation Certificate. Learn more about the pet travel airline temperature restrictions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: