Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bachelor of science vs. Bachelor of Arts
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttompatz

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Botasky wrote:
I have an Arts BA. I just picked up my transcripts today and the university lost my year 2 transcripts, so they gave me a letter saying this was their fault. Do they need all 4 years worth?

Also, when I started the course it was a diploma course but after first year it was restructured to a 4 year degree. The guy in the office today changed year 1 for me to say it was a degree course to save any confusion, but the problem is that in the year 3&4 transcripts the only modules listed are 'creative practice' and 'critical studies'. It was all continuous assessment. Should any of this be a problem? And is it an issue that I got a 2.2?

Any ideas?

Accredited university and "Bachelor of _____".
Certified true copy of your parchment with an apostille affixed to the copy.

Transcripts are NOT required (unless you are Canadian - then the consulate will want to see them as part of the certification process since Canadians can't get an apostille).

Botasky

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've a Bachelor of Photography from The Dublin Institute of Technology- probably the biggest university in Ireland on number of students but not as prestigious as Trinity or UCD

So they won't even need transcripts? All the recruitment sites I've been on say 2 sealed copies.
Jhill1998

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Botasky wrote:
I've a Bachelor of Photography from The Dublin Institute of Technology- probably the biggest university in Ireland on number of students but not as prestigious as Trinity or UCD

So they won't even need transcripts? All the recruitment sites I've been on say 2 sealed copies.

Transcripts are not currently required BY IMMIGRATION. However, you should still get the transcript copies, for several reasons.

1. If you are at a public school, the Ministry of Education will require this.
2. Korean consulates and immigration have the ability to request additional documents (at the discretion of the individual processing the application).
3. Some recruiters and hagwons like to see the transcripts and a condition of employment.
4. Depending on the part of the country, some local boards of education regulate hagwons more closely and ask to see additional documents.

As a result, some recruiters ask for copies of transcripts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: