Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What happened to the Rok Drop?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stan Rogers

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: What happened to the Rok Drop? Reply with quote

I liked that website but it has disappeared. Anyone know what happened?
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the ROK Drop too.

ROK drop guy left Korea for a couple of reasons. First off, he had yet another problem with a recruiter, so he decided to go back to school in Korea and get his Master’s. I think his research topic was going to be something to do with improving the manners of Koreans or something like that. Right about the time he was enrolling in his Master’s program, his employer went with a younger, more malleable candidate and our guy realized that his teaching experience was a liability in Korea.
The straw that broke the camel’s back though – was when he took his family out to eat after a long day on Dok-do and the owner of the restaurant refused him service because the kids were a liability for her business. It was about this time that it dawned on him that the golden days of teaching in Korea were over, so he packed up and moved the family to China where he now runs “PRC Drop”.
Razz
ChrisPK

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Died By Bear wrote:

ROK drop guy left Korea for a couple of reasons. First off, he had yet another problem with a recruiter, so he decided to go back to school in Korea and get his Master’s. I think his research topic was going to be something to do with improving the manners of Koreans or something like that. Right about the time he was enrolling in his Master’s program, his employer went with a younger, more malleable candidate and our guy realized that his teaching experience was a liability in Korea.
The straw that broke the camel’s back though – was when he took his family out to eat after a long day on Dok-do and the owner of the restaurant refused him service because the kids were a liability for her business. It was about this time that it dawned on him that the golden days of teaching in Korea were over, so he packed up and moved the family to China where he now runs “PRC Drop”.
Razz

Is there really an restaurant on Dokdo? Or is it on Ulleungdo? Anyway hard to believe unless you're black.
moldenke

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rokdrop.net/
metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Died By Bear wrote:

Razz

Man, more holes in this story than a bag with many holes in it. While your story is true, you left out the part where he was tired of being an airline pilot, moved to the ghetto and used his pilot experience to consult people on matters ranging from ferry captaincy to the reasons why prostitutes wouldn't serve them, all while instructing a bunch of the country's top military personnel while at the same time working with elementary school kids and being one of the world's leading historians with a specialty in everything else.
Stan Rogers

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

metalhead wrote:
Died By Bear wrote:

Razz

Man, more holes in this story than a bag with many holes in it. While your story is true, you left out the part where he was tired of being an airline pilot, moved to the ghetto and used his pilot experience to consult people on matters ranging from ferry captaincy to the reasons why prostitutes wouldn't serve them, all while instructing a bunch of the country's top military personnel while at the same time working with elementary school kids and being one of the world's leading historians with a specialty in everything else.

I heard he said "F Iraq. I'm not going back to that shit hole!." And he defected to Canada.
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moldenke wrote:
http://www.rokdrop.net/

Woot-woot!
Steelrails

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

metalhead wrote:

Oh lawdy. First off, do you know the difference between "Flying in my parent's airplane" vs. "I'm an airline pilot"? Or are you too stupid to make that distinction? Which you did over what I posted. And if your reading comprehension skills are that piss poor, maybe the other skills you use to draw conclusions about things are bad as well. And you do realize that during the whole ferry thing I was mocking my lack of maritime experience by referencing canoes and a couple jaunts on my uncle's yacht.

Also, I said I lived in a bad neighborhood during and right after college. That's like, probably 30% of Dave's posters. First I grew up on a just outside the city "hobby farm" of my parent's. Then I moved into the city. Apparently this is somehow impossible to the Dave's crowd that never left their hometown until moving here or just stayed in Manitoba's backyard.

Anyways, I used to teach elementary students. Then I went to a gig that included me teaching military personnel. Lots of people make the kiddie-adult ESL change. Are you stuck teaching GoGo loves English to kindergartners?

And anything on history I write you are free to debate historical points, as many well-educated posters do in a civilized manner on here, using things like research papers and historical evidence. Or are you just so ignorant of history that the best you can do is to call me a troll and label me a liar?

Anyways, I'm sorry that since life has been so limited and mundane for you, that you can only conceive of it being that way for others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: