Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

George Zimmerman's Continued Persecution
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
northway

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: George Zimmerman's Continued Persecution Reply with quote

Quote:
ORLANDO, Fla. – Police say a driver has reported that George Zimmerman threatened to kill him after a confrontation on the road.

Police are investigating two reports involving the driver and 30-year-old Zimmerman, who was acquitted last year of a second-degree murder charge for shooting an unarmed teenager.

Police say that on Tuesday, the man called police after a truck pulled up next to him and the driver yelled, "Why are you pointing a finger at me?"

Police spokeswoman Bianca Gillett says the man recognized the truck driver as Zimmerman. The man says Zimmerman asked, "Do you know who I am?" and threatened to kill him.

Two days later, the man says he saw Zimmerman in his truck outside his work. He called police but declined to press charges. His name hasn't been released.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/09/12/george-zimmerman-accused-threatening-to-kill-driver-police-say/
catman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a wanna be tough guy with a gun.
Rteacher

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a like-minded gun-toting match for GZ ... http://www.rantlifestyle.com/2014/09/12/sarah-palin-screams-do-you-know-who-i-am-as-the-palin-family-attacks/
northway

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy must just have the worst luck:

Quote:
Florida authorities say George Zimmerman, whose acquittal of murdering an unarmed black teen sparked a national debate on race and self-defense laws, has been arrested on an aggravated assault charge.

The Seminole County Sheriff's Office says the 31-year-old Zimmerman was arrested in Lake Mary about 10 p.m. Friday and is being held at the John E. Polk Correctional Facility. The facility's website says Zimmerman is scheduled for a court appearance at 9 a.m. Saturday.

No further details were released. A message seeking further information was left Saturday morning by The Associated Press with Seminole County Sheriff officials.

Zimmerman was acquitted in 2013 of a second-degree murder charge for shooting an unarmed teenager, Trayvon Martin.

Since his acquittal, Zimmerman has had several brushes with the law:

-- He was arrested on charges of aggravated assault, battery and criminal mischief after his then-girlfriend said he pointed a gun at her face during an argument, smashed her coffee table and pushed her out of the house they shared. Samantha Scheibe decided not to cooperate with detectives and prosecutors didn't pursue the case.

-- Zimmerman was accused by his estranged wife of smashing an iPad during an argument at the home they had shared. Shellie Zimmerman initially told a dispatcher her husband had a gun, though she later said he was unarmed.

No charges were ever filed because of a lack of evidence. The dispute occurred days after Shellie Zimmerman filed divorce papers.

-- Zimmerman has also been pulled over three times for traffic violations since his acquittal.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/10/george-zimmerman-arrested-in-florida-held-on-aggravated-assault-charge/

Nope, clearly not a hot head.
candy bar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da police man jus messin wit him cause he ain't white. If he have red hair, blue eyes, and freckles da police man won't be chasin him. It cause he dark skin. Sho nuff, yall sees it.
sirius black

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...Zimmerman the innocent victim defending himself against that thug Martin keeps looking more like the BS it was. He got away with murder.
northway

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think we've reached the point that anyone who continues to claim that George Zimmerman isn't a hot head most likely has something against black people.
Steelrails

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirius black wrote:
Hmmm...Zimmerman the innocent victim defending himself against that thug Martin keeps looking more like the BS it was. He got away with murder.

George Z certainly was not wholly, but that doesn't mean Trayvon was as well. Respect My Authoritay met I'm 17 and Ghetto Fabulous and the result was like matter and anti-matter colliding. Only difference was one had a gun.

Regardless, isn't it time for George Z to get OJd in a wrongful death lawsuit?
Plain Meaning

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelrails wrote:
sirius black wrote:

George Z certainly was not wholly, but that doesn't mean Trayvon was as well. Respect My Authoritay met I'm 17 and Ghetto Fabulous and the result was like matter and anti-matter colliding. Only difference was one had a gun.

"Ghetto Fabulous" was carrying Skittles. What are you talking about?

As for the thread, George Zimmerman can be an outlaw and still be not guilty of murder. It is a propensity inference to assume otherwise.
northway

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plain Meaning wrote:
Steelrails wrote:
sirius black wrote:

"Ghetto Fabulous" was carrying Skittles. What are you talking about?

As for the thread, George Zimmerman can be an outlaw and still be not guilty of murder. It is a propensity inference to assume otherwise.

I don't disagree there, I just object to the idea that Zimmerman was a good citizen going about his day and Martin was a bad apple. There were some here who claimed that there was no evidence that Zimmerman was a hothead while simultaneously stating that Trayvon based on evidence that was more limited, if anything. I actually think that the jury probably made the right call in acquitting Zimmerman, but that doesn't mean that his anger issues didn't play a role.
tophatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Martin was still alive, there is the high probability by now he would have a list of charges against him. We know the odds. The numbers and the stats in the correctional facilities prove it.
northway

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's purely racist to say that Trayvon Martin would have a rap sheet because of his skin, but regardless, George Zimmerman is alive and does have a list of charges against him, so I fail to see how that impacts my argument that they were likely both hotheads.
young_clinton

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candy bar wrote:
Da police man jus messin wit him cause he ain't white. If he have red hair, blue eyes, and freckles da police man won't be chasin him. It cause he dark skin. Sho nuff, yall sees it.

Truly one of the best posts of all time. Laughing
W.T.Carl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All charges against Zimmerman were withdrawn. It would seem he IS guilty of SPEEDING (SHOCKING!) and having a taste for crazy girl friends!!
young_clinton

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The title should read the continued prosecution of Goerge Zimmerman. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: