Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nude Canadians Blamed for Earthquake

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stan Rogers

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:56 am    Post subject: Nude Canadians Blamed for Earthquake Reply with quote

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/2-canadians-barred-from-leaving-malaysia-after-tourists-blamed-for-earthquake-1.2410446
Scorpion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, religion. The gift that keeps on giving.
jazzmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like two rude, ignorant Canadians finally got caught for acting like douchebags in another country.
denverdeath

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazzmaster wrote:
Sounds like two rude, ignorant Canadians finally got caught for acting like douchebags in another country.

Likely REALLY fat ones too, seeing as they caused an earthquake. FIRING SQUAD NOW!!!
Stan Rogers

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two Canadians are brother and sister. Creepy.

Two other have been identified as British and Dutch.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2046301/nude-canadian-climbers-face-malaysian-court/
lemak

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That main Canadian guy is a complete douchebag.

Who cares about the scientific accuracy of what they believe? It's their culture...respect it. Reminds me of the Euro chicks I met on the east coast of Malaysia, which for all intents and purposes is as Islamic as anything in the Middle East. Local chicks all swimming in jeans, sweaters and hijabs. The French birds running around in g-strings and topless.

"Oh dese local men is so perverted. Look at them. Can't stop looking at my breasts!"

A big part of travel is adapting to the norms of the place you are going to no matter how retarded it might seem.

Dumb canuckle fool is lucky he was in a place which is relatively tolerant. Try similar in much of the Islamic world and watch the crap you incur for yourself. I was in Egypt in the 1990s and a German chick was shot in Hurghada for walking down the road from the beach topless. Rolling Eyes

These guys in Sabah were in headhunter country. A generation or two ago they would have had their hearts eaten for such behavior.
happyinhenan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colonialist douchebag mentality behaviour... I think the concept of a sacred mountain is stupid so I will piss all over the locals by stripping off on it' They should have got there before 1957 and they might have got away with it based on being white. Unfortunately for them, they have been named and shamed in front of the whole world. You would like to think that kids these days are a bit more thoughtful towards differing cultures and thought to their own but the reality is - many of them (and with those kerrrazy 'critical thinking skills' they are meant to possess) would have fitted in well with Colonel Blimp lording it over his slaves/indentured servants in an earlier time - treating anything browner than them with the uptmost contempt.

I was hoping they were going to get six months. They got off lightly in my opinion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: