Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ajeosshi Song
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edwardcatflap

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shall we stop talking in this medieval way?
SocialParasite

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edwardcatflap wrote:

Medieval way? I don't understand this reasoning..can you please elaborate? Thank you.
wooden nickels

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SocialParasite wrote:
edwardcatflap wrote:

Medieval way? I don't understand this reasoning..can you please elaborate? Thank you.

Talking in a sophomore tone attempting to be a philosopher. Kids do it all the time when they get to that age they think they have become enlightened. Smart enough to make themselves look like an idiot.
edwardcatflap

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SocialParasite wrote:
edwardcatflap wrote:

Gadzooks, surely thou jesteth and verily knowest to wit I refer when I doth say ye olde medieval way of talking, good sir Knight of socialparasiteshire.
SocialParasite

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wooden nickels wrote:
SocialParasite wrote:
edwardcatflap wrote:

Talking in a sophomore tone attempting to be a philosopher. Kids do it all the time when they get to that age they think they have become enlightened. Smart enough to make themselves look like an idiot.

You still haven't explained to me what the Fractional Reserve Banking system is. Avoiding the question I see.....
SocialParasite

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edwardcatflap wrote:
SocialParasite wrote:
edwardcatflap wrote:

Gadzooks, surely thou jesteth and verily knowest to wit I refer when I doth say ye olde medieval way of talking, good sir Knight of socialparasiteshire.

So questioning "common knowledge" i.e. programming and exposing falsehoods for what they truly are...is speaking medieval? Ok thanks for the clarification. But your mildly amusing puns aside, I could wager that you never even questioned during your entire existence/life/experience the programming that's been installed in your brain that differentiates between different clothes and determines their "smartness."

Since I don't wish to sound "medieval" I will make my point very plain and very concise so you will not misunderstand. There is no difference between shorts and a three piece suit. You (due to your programming) have given these things their merit. In and of themselves they are essentially all variations of the same cloth. Have you ever wondered why the pope and other assorted religious figures throughout the millenia have worn elaborate costumes? Here's a hint...its not because they liked to dress smart or look good.......
edwardcatflap

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

So questioning "common knowledge" i.e. programming and exposing falsehoods for what they truly are...is speaking medieval?

No, saying things like this is

Quote:

What is home? That arbitrarily set of lines drawn my cartographers and land-grabbers of times of yore that you were born within?
SocialParasite

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edwardcatflap wrote:
Quote:

So questioning "common knowledge" i.e. programming and exposing falsehoods for what they truly are...is speaking medieval?

No, saying things like this is

Quote:

What is home? That arbitrarily set of lines drawn my cartographers and land-grabbers of times of yore that you were born within?

Oh I see. I shouldn't have put that "yore" in there. Ok let me rephrase it 가방끈이 짧은 외국인식 표현으로.... "What's home? Is it in between those borders that guys a long time ago drew on maps that you were born in?"\

I'm going to use 학력이 낮음 단어 whenever I post from here on out....
edwardcatflap

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"What's home? Is it in between those borders that guys a long time ago drew on maps that you were born in?"

I was born in a hospital mate, not a map. Maybe you should go back to the other way of talking

Quote:
I'm going to use 학력이 낮음 단어 whenever I post from here on out...

That's sick bruv innit.
Weigookin74

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catman wrote:
I'm surprised the netizens didn't raise a stink.

If it were posted on the way gook, you'd be flamed and trolled more than you would on some Naver site. Apologists over there would get more emotional than emotion itself. Bunch of ##$$!es.

Yep, need this site for a good laugh now and then.

아조씨 파워!!

(Actually, most older men nowadays are pretty friendly in all seriousness though. Still, it's good to have a laugh from time to time.)
World Traveler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edwardcatflap wrote:
Quote:
Even though I don't watch TV, the infrequent times that I catch a waygook on television...they make themselves out to be clowns/fools. Tis' disappointing.

On TV that is because the Korean director wants them to behave in that way. As for youtube, those guys have no excuse.

Stuff like this bums me out:
http://www.adamthomasphotography.com/Other/Videos-with-Subtitles/i-VZdMBDC
I don't like being a jerk / negative towards people, but I feel like someone should encourage him to take his videos in a more dignified direction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: