Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The beginning of US/Chinese war?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EastisEast

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Chinese are already building the necessary infrastructure and doctrine to be able to get what it wants quickly and painlessly, at least in the eyes of the Chinese military.

China? Military? Its a Communist country isn't it? What military doctrine could it follow but attrition, as it always had.

Challenge USA and Allies? With what? Suicide.

It could rattle its sabre like North Korea.

China is in a bad position for any type of war now. Bad allies, new untested military, shaky government dependent on their 'enemies' trade and money.

The leaders now are no Zhukov or Manstein.

China would lose all if it went to war right now.
CentralCali

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EastisEast wrote:
China? Military? Its a Communist country isn't it? What military doctrine could it follow but attrition, as it always had.

Don't know much about China, do you? It's not really a communist country. First off, it's a one party state. Yes, the one party is called the Communist Party of China, but that's just its name. Second, the country is now and has been for a few decades riding the capitalist wave and riding it hard.

Quote:
Challenge USA and Allies? With what? Suicide.

It would only be suicide if either China or the US were to attack with nuclear weapons. Nobody with actual knowledge of the dynamics of China-US relations believes that will happen.

Quote:
It could rattle its sabre like North Korea.

Saber-rattling is pretty much all North Korea has, and that with a toy saber. China is a different proposition. China has major economic power, is a regional military power, and is not prone to the problems plaguing North Korea.

Quote:
China is in a bad position for any type of war now. Bad allies, new untested military, shaky government dependent on their 'enemies' trade and money.

The leaders now are no Zhukov or Manstein.

These two you got right.

Quote:
China would lose all if it went to war right now.

Which is why China is not planning on going to war with the US or any other "first world" country.
EastisEast

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must not know about systems of government. Well, let me school you son Smile

Commie governments can be capitalist and still communist. Lenin had his NEP style economics yet Russia was run by commissars and the lash.

Commie Chinas government system would be instantly recognizable by Stalin, Lenin and Mao would be happy too.

They still shoot you for speaking up about anything they dont like. They still send your families to gulags and slave pits.....they still sell your babies if you dont believe in the party. You can ask the US who bought a few thousands of them in the past decade when there was a sale.

In a national crisis, China will revert to form and throw human waves at the enemy, with commissars waiting for any one who turn back ..
chellovek

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EastisEast wrote:
You must not know about systems of government. Well, let me school you son Smile

Commie governments can be capitalist and still communist. Lenin had his NEP style economics yet Russia was run by commissars and the lash.

Commie Chinas government system would be instantly recognizable by Stalin, Lenin and Mao would be happy too.

They still shoot you for speaking up about anything they dont like. They still send your families to gulags and slave pits.....they still sell your babies if you dont believe in the party. You can ask the US who bought a few thousands of them in the past decade when there was a sale.

In a national crisis, China will revert to form and throw human waves at the enemy, with commissars waiting for any one who turn back ..

I'll bite, you ol' troll you.

Having once spent a decade in the Party back in my youth, pray tell me all about the Commies. Specifically Communist doctrine, not boring hysteria about what all the other authoritarian governments do.

"That Hussein Obama is forcing folk to have health insurance! It's f-ing Communism I tells ya! The damn gubmint!"
EastisEast

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comrade! You've been a Party member?? The Comsomol or Young Maoist Brigade??

Then how can you say that China is not communist anymore? Clearly, you are still working for the Party Very Happy

Not all governments go for the balls like Commie governments do, they diff'rent .. son.
chellovek

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EastisEast wrote:
Comrade! You've been a Party member?? The Comsomol or Young Maoist Brigade??

Then how can you say that China is not communist anymore? Clearly, you are still working for the Party Very Happy

Not all governments go for the balls like Commie governments do, they diff'rent .. son.

I was in the youth league, and then moved on to full Party membership. Some of the best and most decent people I have ever known.

I still like them, but couldn't be arsed with the other grab-bag of freaks and ghouls that radical organisations tend to attract. So I let my membership lapse and went to Korea.
chellovek

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EastisEast wrote:

...but to give you a more substantive answer, I think your characterisation of China and Communism is extremely simplistic/sensationalist and only serves to muddy the waters on this interesting question.

You reference the NEP, so you clearly know at least something.

I expect the reality to be far more boring. Life under authoritarianism isn't the exciting stuff you describe. You keep your head down, rowdy folk get in trouble.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: