Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LEGAL ASSISTANCE IN SEOUL
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frankriccard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good info!
Captain Corea

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, just tossing this up here - if anyone wants an decent English speaking lawyer, pm me... I know a guy who's pretty cool.
clustered

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trevor wrote:
Mods, KLAC will not help foreigners and this should not be a sticky. The problem with making a sticky of it is that individuals in need of legal counsel will spend time and effort contacting and trying to communicate with them, only to find out their efforts have been wasted. Perhaps it is time to rethink why it is here.

May I suggest a healtchare sticky in its place?

Why won't KLAC help foreigners?

I would go to Seoul Bar Association on a Monday, but this really can't wait...
ichibankimchi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: I need some legal advice! Reply with quote

If anybody knows of an English speaking lawyer or a place to get free legal advice it would be much appreciated!!
TMR

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the minimum 25 posts for PMing so I can't PM you Captain Corea. I need an English speaking lawyer. I'm in one of those 11th month contract termination situations. Could you PM me with the contact info?

Thanks
88Sparky

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know an American lawyer that has law offices around the world. One of his offices is in Seoul. His name is Sean Hayes. His email is [email protected] He has an international team of lawyers.
diddymao

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

helpful thread thanks for the info from all
sthorny

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know an English speaking lawyer. I heard that she was an English teacher and translator before the Bar. She's quite good, honest and decent with good understanding on the expats' life. I think she's specialized in family and labor law. I came to know her when my friend divorced her sucking Korean ex husband.
themagicbean

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lists several places you can go:

http://askakoreanlawyer.blogspot.kr/2014/05/types-of-legal-professionals-in-korea.html

If you aren't up for paying a couple hundred for an initial consultation then you'll mostly want to stick to the Global Centers' pro bono clinics and KLAC.

The Itaewon Global Center particularly has Nomusas (labor attorneys) for labor cases. (You don't need an attorney for most labor cases unless there's a collection problem, the attorney is often too expensive, difference is explained therein.)
Fallacy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trevor wrote:
Mods, KLAC will not help foreigners and this should not be a sticky. The problem with making a sticky of it is that individuals in need of legal counsel will spend time and effort contacting and trying to communicate with them, only to find out their efforts have been wasted.
This. I have firsthand experience visiting KLAC, and despite their politeness, they proved to be unhelpful. Since I wasted my time and effort, I must second Trevor.
Fallacy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From an article in the KT:
Quote:
The government and a group of lawyers plans to expand a free legal counseling service ― so far limited to Korean citizens ― to foreign residents from this week, officials said Sunday.

The Justice Ministry and Korea Bar Association said they would run the neighborhood lawyer service for foreigners as a trial project from Monday. The service will be launched first in 10 communities in Seoul and Gyeonggi Province with large foreign populations. This includes Daerim-dong, Gwanghee-dong and Hyehwa-dong in Seoul and Seonbu-dong in Ansan, Gyeonggi Province.

Introduced in June, the neighborhood lawyer service offers free legal counseling in remote areas. The service, available by phone, fax and online, has been limited to Korean nationals. A total of 57 lawyers will participate in the trial service, the ministry said. Before applying for the service, reservations must be made through the ministry’s call center at 1345. Twenty languages are available at the call center.

As of last year, about 12,000 foreign laborers filed petitions to reclaim overdue wages. The number of foreign nationals involved in domestic lawsuits reached 6,300 in 2013, the ministry said.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: