Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4 (now 5) River Project of 2MB... need a good article on it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaz47

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:42 am    Post subject: 4 (now 5) River Project of 2MB... need a good article on it Reply with quote

This tidbit of 2MB's legacy came up in one of my conversation classes and there was a stark divide between university-aged students and the older working-aged students. The uni group were full of pro-project hype while the older group were staunchly opposed, but no one could really articulate their reason why. So, I'm looking for a few articles that can describe it fairly succinctly (around 400 words).

tia
tob55

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 4 (now 5) River Project of 2MB... need a good article on Reply with quote

chaz47 wrote:
This tidbit of 2MB's legacy came up in one of my conversation classes and there was a stark divide between university-aged students and the older working-aged students. The uni group were full of pro-project hype while the older group were staunchly opposed, but no one could really articulate their reason why. So, I'm looking for a few articles that can describe it fairly succinctly (around 400 words).

tia

The following article is from an environmental website discussing the issue. A simple Google search yielded dozens of links, you should try Googling things and save time typing here.

http://e360.yale.edu/feature/koreas_four_rivers_project_economic_boost_or_boondoggle/2188/ Cool
chaz47

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 4 (now 5) River Project of 2MB... need a good article on Reply with quote

tob55 wrote:
chaz47 wrote:

tia

The following article is from an environmental website discussing the issue. A simple Google search yielded dozens of links, you should try Googling things and save time typing here.

http://e360.yale.edu/feature/koreas_four_rivers_project_economic_boost_or_boondoggle/2188/ Cool

I am aware of Google. I did in fact Google this topic first and yes, I did see several articles. I posted here to get perhaps what might be more relevant information from people actually residing in the ROK. As I mentioned, I'm also aiming for an article of about 400 words for a classroom topic. That is why I asked about in a forum about teaching.

Regardless of your weak attempt at snark, thanks for your reply. Rolling Eyes
tob55

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 4 (now 5) River Project of 2MB... need a good article on Reply with quote

chaz47 wrote:
tob55 wrote:
chaz47 wrote:

tia

I am aware of Google. I did in fact Google this topic first and yes, I did see several articles. I posted here to get perhaps what might be more relevant information from people actually residing in the ROK. As I mentioned, I'm also aiming for an article of about 400 words for a classroom topic. That is why I asked about in a forum about teaching.

Regardless of your weak attempt at snark, thanks for your reply. Rolling Eyes

Actually, no snark intended, and yes I actually live in the ROK as a dual citizen. Obviously no one chose to respond for the very reason I stated in my reply. Got no beef with you, so don't make this out to be something it isn't.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: