Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seoul chicks vs. Beijing chicks

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
itiswhatitis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:23 am    Post subject: Seoul chicks vs. Beijing chicks Reply with quote

When I taught in Seoul I found that the Korean dating scene wasn't that much different than back home (I'm Canadian). In a nutshell: If you're getting laid back home then chances are that you'll continue to get laid in Korea, if you're not getting laid back home then don't expect being in Korea to change that.

Beijing has been much different and I've had quite a bit of luck here (not bragging...just details). I'm pleasantly surprized. I would have expected more luck if I was teaching in the country side or a poor part of China (and a poor Chinese girl wanted a better life) but I would have expected Beijing to be about the same as Seoul/Toronto or any other place which is affluent by global standards.

I have some ideas as to why this may be BUT what I am curious about is if this has simply been my experience or if it is common and normal for Chinese girls from the big Chinese cities to desire western men. Some of my red neck Canadian friends would joke that I might marry a Korean gold digger, ha! Little did they know that Korean gold diggers are after KOREAN doctors, dentists, lawyers and I.T. engineers who work at Samsung.

I don't mean to by cynical, but there is a very good chance that having the opportunity to live in Canada is part of what they want. So long it is part of the package and not the end all and be all then I can live with it. I do find it a little weird that a beautiful Chinese girl who has an intermediate level of English (not good enough English to find a half decent job in Canada) would even want to give up her life in Beijing. She (presumably) has family, friends, roots here and if her English is intermediate then she is probably from a fairly well off family. In my humble opinion she would probably have a better life in Beijing (again, for someone from the country side it would be a different story).

When I dated Korean chicks in Seoul I found them to be stuck up and arrogant and I dreaded every second of the time that we spent together (shopping, mountain hiking etc) and I could not wait to get to the bedroom. With Beijing chicks, I actually do enjoy being with them and the time that we spend together. To western men who have taught in both Korea and Beijing: Did you notice the difference and did you find that you were desired more in Beijing than you were back home/in Korea?

Best Wishes.
cj1976

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You da man.
Brooks

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is better?
Fresh air in Canada or pollution in Beijing?
Sure people can be attached to their native country,
but Canada has opportunity.

Look I taught a serious student from Dalian and her sister was doing some
lame job in Winterpeg (Winnipeg) and she was satisfied.
And her sister wanted to join her.
Cold winters don't hinder such people.
hellofaniceguy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does NOT matter what country. It's about timing, connection, etc...
While one guy/gal has "luck" in a particular country...another does not.
Means nothing.
I know many guys who have gone out on a night of clubbing, a group of 3/4/5 buddies and yet the clubs are full of women...only a few hook up and the others don't...
and then a week or so latter, I see my buddy who is butt ugly with a hot looking gal! Go figure...
FMPJ

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, casual misogyny.
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellofaniceguy wrote:
It does NOT matter what country. It's about timing, connection, etc...
While one guy/gal has "luck" in a particular country...another does not.
Means nothing.
I know many guys who have gone out on a night of clubbing, a group of 3/4/5 buddies and yet the clubs are full of women...only a few hook up and the others don't...
and then a week or so latter, I see my buddy who is butt ugly with a hot looking gal! Go figure...

Yep, pretty much.
Adam Carolla

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Seoul chicks vs. Beijing chicks Reply with quote

itiswhatitis wrote:
When I taught in Seoul I found that the Korean dating scene wasn't that much different than back home (I'm Canadian). In a nutshell: If you're getting laid back home then chances are that you'll continue to get laid in Korea, if you're not getting laid back home then don't expect being in Korea to change that.

Beijing has been much different and I've had quite a bit of luck here (not bragging...just details). I'm pleasantly surprized. I would have expected more luck if I was teaching in the country side or a poor part of China (and a poor Chinese girl wanted a better life) but I would have expected Beijing to be about the same as Seoul/Toronto or any other place which is affluent by global standards.

I have some ideas as to why this may be BUT what I am curious about is if this has simply been my experience or if it is common and normal for Chinese girls from the big Chinese cities to desire western men. Some of my red neck Canadian friends would joke that I might marry a Korean gold digger, ha! Little did they know that Korean gold diggers are after KOREAN doctors, dentists, lawyers and I.T. engineers who work at Samsung.

I don't mean to by cynical, but there is a very good chance that having the opportunity to live in Canada is part of what they want. So long it is part of the package and not the end all and be all then I can live with it. I do find it a little weird that a beautiful Chinese girl who has an intermediate level of English (not good enough English to find a half decent job in Canada) would even want to give up her life in Beijing. She (presumably) has family, friends, roots here and if her English is intermediate then she is probably from a fairly well off family. In my humble opinion she would probably have a better life in Beijing (again, for someone from the country side it would be a different story).

When I dated Korean chicks in Seoul I found them to be stuck up and arrogant and I dreaded every second of the time that we spent together (shopping, mountain hiking etc) and I could not wait to get to the bedroom. With Beijing chicks, I actually do enjoy being with them and the time that we spend together. To western men who have taught in both Korea and Beijing: Did you notice the difference and did you find that you were desired more in Beijing than you were back home/in Korea?

Best Wishes.

Probably has more to do with where you score these gals. Plenty of down to earth women/superficial gold diggers everywhere.
Enrico Palazzo
Mod Team
Mod Team

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got complaints about misogyny. I mean why?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: