Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I just noticed this...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tob55

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:21 am    Post subject: I just noticed this... Reply with quote

According to the front page of the K-Forums it says
Quote:
Our users have posted a total of 2615259 articles
We have 886052 registered users

That means over the last 15 plus years that each registered user would have had to post at least an average of 2.951 posts during this time. Now this doesn't account for the number of users and how long it took for them to rise to the current number. However, it means that a really, really small percentage of users actually are responsible for posting that many. For example, my account shows that from 2007 when I joined and now I have posted 1648 posts. Divide that over the past 8 years and that averages out to 206 per year. I am not posting nearly as much as other members, so I am quite sure the average for some people is going to be quite high.

Just saying it is food for thought if you want to actually figure out how much time you spend posting on Dave's. Cheers Cool
sligo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: I just noticed this... Reply with quote

tob55 wrote:
Quote:

That means over the last 15 plus years that each registered user would have had to post at least an average of 2.951 posts during this time. Now this doesn't account for the number of users and how long it took for them to rise to the current number. However, it means that a really, really small percentage of users actually are responsible for posting that many. For example, my account shows that from 2007 when I joined and now I have posted 1648 posts. Divide that over the past 8 years and that averages out to 206 per year. I am not posting nearly as much as other members, so I am quite sure the average for some people is going to be quite high.

Just saying it is food for thought if you want to actually figure out how much time you spend posting on Dave's. Cheers Cool

Half of all posts are Steelrails flogging various deadhorses
SeoulNate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably less than 5k of those users ever posted anything. Pretty much everyone who uses these boards currently has at least 1k posts.
Underwaterbob

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm hardly a prolific poster and I have 5459 posts.
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: I just noticed this... Reply with quote

sligo wrote:
tob55 wrote:
Quote:

Half of all posts are Steelrails flogging various deadhorses

SR + kiwiboy + Tiger Beer + itaewonguy = 95% of posts

-----

Just kidding. My rough average is around 430 per year, apparently. Mostly snarky and terrible one-liners! woot

Edit: The mods also used to prune the boards a lot more, so the older accounts quite possibly have much higher post counts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: