Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How can Leicester win the league?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sector7G

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:27 am    Post subject: How can Leicester win the league? Reply with quote

"Simple, really. A win at Manchester United on Sunday would hand Leicester their first ever league title and cap one of the most remarkable stories English football has ever produced. They would then be 10 points ahead of nearest rivals Tottenham with Spurs having just three games to play."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/29/how-can-leicester-city-win-the-premier-league-title-at-mancheste/
edwardcatflap

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I wonder if they'll be showing the whole game on TV or will it depend on some baseball game finishing early.
Sector7G

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leicester City made to wait for Premier League title by Manchester United

Leicester City were unable to seal the 2015-16 Premier League title on Sunday after they drew 1-1 with Manchester United, although they could be crowned champions on Monday.

http://www.espnfc.com/barclays-premier-league/match/422308/manchester-united-leicester-city/report
Sector7G

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No room for error as Tottenham's title bid reaches fever pitch at Chelsea

Tottenham know their brief in tonight's Premier League clash at Chelsea has not changed despite Leicester failing to clinch the title at Manchester United on Sunday.

Spurs' faint hopes of being crowned champions lived to fight another day after the Foxes' 1-1 draw at Old Trafford, but the trophy will be heading to the King Power Stadium if Mauricio Pochettino's men fail to beat Chelsea.

http://www.espnfc.us/barclays-premier-league/23/index
edwardcatflap

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've done it. A truly historical moment in sport.
Sector7G

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edwardcatflap wrote:

Yes!!!

Leicester are Premier League champions

Leicester City are the 2015-16 Premier League winners after tonight's 2-2 draw between Chelsea and Tottenham at Stamford Bridge left the Foxes in an unassailable position at the top of the table with two games to go.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2016/0502/785693-leicester-are-premier-league-champions/
Sector7G

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, I thought more Brits would be chiming in on this. The main reason I care, as an American, is that I always like a good underdog story.
edwardcatflap

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sector7G wrote:
BTW, I thought more Brits would be chiming in on this. The main reason I care, as an American, is that I always like a good underdog story.

Yes, and they don't come much more underdog than 5000 to 1.
leicsmac

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sector7G wrote:

Brit and Leicester man here (hence the username). Grew up near there, studied at University there. Had a season ticket for Leicester for a few seasons in the late 2000's before I came over to Korea.

I'd do anything to be back there right now. It's still sinking in, really. Fairytale stuff.
bossface

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sector7G wrote:
edwardcatflap wrote:

Yes!!!

Leicester City are the 2015-16 Premier League winners after tonight's 2-2 draw between Chelsea and Tottenham at Stamford Bridge left the Foxes in an unassailable position at the top of the table with two games to go.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2016/0502/785693-leicester-are-premier-league-champions/

Typical soccer. Its most exciting storyline of the year ends with a tie, and in a game that wasn't played by the team in question.
edwardcatflap

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bossface wrote:
Sector7G wrote:
edwardcatflap wrote:

Yes!!!

Typical soccer. Its most exciting storyline of the year ends with a tie, and in a game that wasn't played by the team in question.

Fair enough about the tie, there are lots of them in football, but surely in any sport that has a league, a team winning said league can potentially be decided on what happens in a game in which that team isn't playing?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: