Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Koreans don't smile at you in the street
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, take it easy on the guy. I prefer commenting here than I do other sites. He has brought an audience or should I say awaken a sleeping dragon.
Fallacy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:06 am    Post subject: RE: The Newborn Entertainment Reply with quote

Stain wrote:
Guys, take it easy on the guy. I prefer commenting here than I do other sites. He has brought an audience or should I say awaken a sleeping dragon.
This exactly. Why spoil the newborn entertainment? Encourage where possible, and he very well may be married to a local by year end, even running his own study room, and buying property in SE Asia thereafter. However, it is doubtful that he is even in the ROK at all, given his propensity to post at 3a KST. Jet lag keeping the greydog awake? Or can he just not wait to open new thread topics and post on others here at Dave's from the thrill of it all? New blood, folks, and irregardless of the keyboard stroking motivations, is it not entertaining to recall our own first toddling steps, or those of others over the years? Pull up a chair. Have some popcorn. Enjoy the show. Besides: Enter The Dragon was great!
Plain Meaning

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Fallacy just type 'irregardless?' Stop hazing the newb. Time to stone Falllacy for this offense.
Fallacy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject: RE: The Newborn Entertainment Reply with quote

Plain Meaning wrote:
Did Fallacy just type 'irregardless?' Stop hazing the newb. Time to stone Falllacy for this offense.
Nonstandard usage is carnival. Let any without sin cast the first . . . ouch, oooh, hey, mercy!
greyhound

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in the ROK. I've been here 6 days and don't live in Seoul.
greyhound

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="CentralCali"]
PRagic wrote:

Agreed. In another of his threads, I observed that the OP is woefully unprepared for Korea. (Actually, my observation is that he's unprepared to be, let alone teach, overseas.) He whined about it. That pretty much sums up his approach: whining.
What's so prepared needed for being in Korea military officer? I don't like guys from the military thinking they can teach English.
PRagic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, if you knew anything about life in the military, you'd know that you're constantly in training, and a good amount of the training can take place in the classroom. Officer or NCO, the more your career progresses, the more you're apt to fin yourself in leadership and instructor positions. Add to that the fact that the audience is multi-ethnic and multi-national.

I'd venture that time in service prepares one to teach English at a hagwon every bit as much as, say, time spent teaching music to kids.
CentralCali

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greyhound wrote:
CentralCali wrote:

Agreed. In another of his threads, I observed that the OP is woefully unprepared for Korea. (Actually, my observation is that he's unprepared to be, let alone teach, overseas.) He whined about it. That pretty much sums up his approach: whining.
What's so prepared needed for being in Korea military officer? I don't like guys from the military thinking they can teach English.

Were you drunk when you posted that? FYI, my degree is in linguistics. Last I heard, said field is at least marginally connected with language. And not that many people likely care what you don't like.
greyhound

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL. I got a bit tipsy last night. Oh linguistics. Well pardon me then. I am just going on my nephew who was in the royal marines for about 5 years and his dad was also in it for about 25 years culminating in being the chief administrator for the special boat service. He's retired now though. I remember as a kid he always used to run and jump over park benches. My nephew does the iron man test at the moment.

He has his own business he started with a 2000 GBP credit card sticking up WIFI aerials in the UK for businesses. His business finances say he has over a million in the bank when I looked online last month but I don't know how much he owes creditors or anything. He's done very well considering he has no degree or anything. Don't think he saw any action in the marines. They just used to go on training exercises to Berlize and places like that. He thinks I've done well to get this job in Korea.
CentralCali

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, right.
greyhound

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry if you don't believe me but that's my half sister's family. I don't lie. Rolling Eyes
CentralCali

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's already a wealth of evidence on this site that you do.
greyhound

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralCali wrote:
There's already a wealth of evidence on this site that you do.
Where? That PM'll keep you quiet
candy bar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

@.@

O.O
Stain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: RE: The Newborn Entertainment Reply with quote

Fallacy wrote:
Plain Meaning wrote:
Nonstandard usage is carnival. Let any without sin cast the first . . . ouch, oooh, hey, mercy!

Irregardless is right. I ain't never heard no regardless. Regardless of where we's from, you got to respect the dialect. Respect the dialect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: