Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Koreans don't smile at you in the street
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kwangjuchicken

Location: I was abducted by aliens on my way to Korea and forced to be an EFL teacher on this crazy planet.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: The Newborn Entertainment Reply with quote

Stain wrote:
Fallacy wrote:
Plain Meaning wrote:
Did Fallacy just type 'irregardless?' Stop hazing the newb. Time to stone Falllacy for this offense.
Nonstandard usage is carnival. Let any without sin cast the first . . . ouch, oooh, hey, mercy!

Irregardless is right. I ain't never heard no regardless. Regardless of where we's from, you got to respect the dialect. Respect the dialect.

I agree 100%. But, let's not fergit the portance of the alphybet done being used. Like I done said befour, "If it don't use the Latin alphabet, it ain't no real language." I was gonna use that fer the topic of my PhD disertation. But, my addvizer said that is so obvious, that I needed a different topic.
Kwangjuchicken

Location: I was abducted by aliens on my way to Korea and forced to be an EFL teacher on this crazy planet.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: The Newborn Entertainment Reply with quote

Kwangjuchicken wrote:
Stain wrote:
Fallacy wrote:
Plain Meaning wrote:
Did Fallacy just type 'irregardless?' Stop hazing the newb. Time to stone Falllacy for this offense.
Nonstandard usage is carnival. Let any without sin cast the first . . . ouch, oooh, hey, mercy!

Irregardless is right. I ain't never heard no regardless. Regardless of where we's from, you got to respect the dialect. Respect the dialect.

I agree 100%. But, let's not fergit the portance of the alphybet done being used. Like I done said befour, "If it don't use the Latin alphabet, it ain't no real language." I was gonna use that fer the topic of my PhD disertation. But, my addvizer said that is so obvious, that I needed a different topic.

Even in England they use a real language cause its the Latin alphabet.

Consider this: "e's the bloke what was lookin at me bum".
Plain Meaning

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: The Newborn Entertainment Reply with quote

Kwangjuchicken wrote:
Kwangjuchicken wrote:
Stain wrote:
Fallacy wrote:
Plain Meaning wrote:

Wait. You are saying that the Latin alphabet is required for a language to be 'real.' That does not make the converse necessarily true. Therefore, use of the Latin alphabet may not be sufficient to establish that England's language is real. In fact, I contend that the English speak a mutant imaginary language of clucking, guttural inflection, and vowel misapplication. The Americans speak a language called English. God knows what the English speak.
Kwangjuchicken

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: The Newborn Entertainment Reply with quote

Plain Meaning wrote:
Kwangjuchicken wrote:
Kwangjuchicken wrote:
Stain wrote:
Fallacy wrote:
Plain Meaning wrote:

Wait. You are saying that the Latin alphabet is required for a language to be 'real.' That does not make the converse necessarily true. Therefore, use of the Latin alphabet may not be sufficient to establish that England's language is real. In fact, I contend that the English speak a mutant imaginary language of clucking, guttural inflection, and vowel misapplication. The Americans speak a language called English. God knows what the English speak.

You do make a strong case. They say there is an exception to every rule.
greyhound

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:58 am    Post subject: Re: RE: The Newborn Entertainment Reply with quote

[quote="Kwangjuchicken"]
Plain Meaning wrote:
[quote=" The Americans speak a language called English. God knows what the English speak.

We speak the queen's English. Laughing Laughing Laughing
FMPJ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that's why you all sound like geriatric pensioners.
northway

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a hell of a lot more smiles on the street living in Seoul than I do living in New York City, and I'm far more presentable here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: