Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Homeplus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greyhound

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:15 pm    Post subject: Homeplus Reply with quote

So I went yesterday on the bus to Homeplus and stocked up with goodies that I like. You know what the bill came to?? 106,000 won. That's like $106 or about £75. I looked at the till receipt later and the actual food comes to about 69,000 won. There's two other charges underneath the food charges, about 6000 won and about 29000 won, total 106,000 won.

What's these charges underneath then? Do you mean to tell me that the price stated on each food item in the shop ISN'T the final price? Do they add on tax as well or something? If so, it makes the food even more expensive than it already is. Having said all this though I think I'm good for the next 2 week. 6 chicken breasts, a nice beef steak, steak sauce (American brand), bottle of pepsi, red pepper, grapes (large carton), tomatoes, chilli sauce, masala sauce, all in all 21 items(I can't remember all of them).

I had a taxi ride home which is cheap man for a Brit. It's about 2 or 3 miles and it came to about 7000 won which is just a fiver. Would have cost a tenner in England such is the price of petrol there. Laughing
candy bar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

113,000 won, including taxi, for 69,000 won of groceries. Would have been as well off going to the corner 7-11 MART.
greyhound

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The corner shop/7-11 Mart doesn't have steak, chilled chicken breasts, American sauces, grapes, tomatoes etc I don't think.

Or do they?
candy bar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dried squid, Korean sauce, grape drink, tomato juice

yummy substitutes
CentralCali

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're going to be flat broke inside of a week if you insist on buying imports and taking taxis. Learn the bus routes and eat Korean food until you get some money.
greyhound

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't you read? I said I took the bus to Homeplus. I only got a taxi back because I had loads of shopping which was quite heavy. Yeh the 400,000 has just about gone today. About 5000 left but hey I am stocked up for at least 10 days. I get paid on 18th and I am getting an advance of $200 tomorrow he said. I don't want to eat squid thanks. I'm British. I would like to know what the extra 29000 and 6000 are for though underneath the total cost for the food.
greyhound

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot I paid for the Homeplus shopping with my UK visa card so that's 500,000 gone in 2 weeks. But I am good until 10th August now so in reality it's for 3 weeks or just over. 500,000 for 3 weeks is ok is it?
Aine1979

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask someone who reads Korean to have a look at the receipt and tell you what the charges are. I've never ever had any additional charges on top of what I've bought in a supermarket.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: