Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New E-2 Guidelines????
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zpeanut

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: process of getting E2 Reply with quote

Recently received a job offer and need to change to E2.

How does this work?

It is correct that I gather documents, give them to my employer and then they do the processing part?
Once processing is done, I go overseas and get my visa status changed at the Korean Embassy in that country?

If this is correct, how long would I have to stay overseas to process the visa? I plan on going to Japan, Fukuoka.

replies most appreciated! bit short on time... :T
jmadtownweb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question about leaving and potentially coming back to Korea. My contract is up March 1st. My co worker's contract is up June 1st. I'd like to come back and take his spot.
Can I do this without having to do another background check? I'd be gone exactly 3 months. Or do I need to do the paperwork thing again, CBC, Apostille, etc...

Thanks!!
amanley206253

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what is the status on original diplomas (with state authentication) being sent in for visa applications? I have read about how they aren't accepted, but consider the fact that for the previous three years I've submitted only my diploma and have never encountered an issue.

Would they really turn down a visa with my original?
hustlehustle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Line instructions for E-2 visa application Reply with quote

HI all,

I'm an American citizen and am waiting for my visa number from my future school in Korea. Does anyone have a link to line instructions for the E-2 visa application that I sent along with my passport to the Korean embassy? Some of the questions are not clear (i.e., "national ID number" do they want my state driver's license #? or passport #?)

Thanks
domwls

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys,
am i correct in thinking that in order to obtain the correct visa for teaching in s.korea, you have to be inside your country of birth for the application?
im currently in vietnam (on a tourist visa) there is a korean embassy here but the info i've read online states pretty clearly you have to apply from your country of birth, which would probably make the idea unfeasible for me.

is there any way i can obtain the visa etc from the embassy in vietnam? or is it set in stone that i'd need to return to the uk?

would greatly appreciate any info, apologies if this has been covered. : )
lonestar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if http://www.apostillepros.com/ is of any use for getting the FBI CBC completed, and for the apostilles for that and a BA diploma? If it's no good, can anyone recommend another site for the same services? Thank you for any helpful info.
Renderella

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:57 am    Post subject: Approved Channelers Reply with quote

lonestar wrote:
Does anyone know if http://www.apostillepros.com/ is of any use for getting the FBI CBC completed, and for the apostilles for that and a BA diploma? If it's no good, can anyone recommend another site for the same services? Thank you for any helpful info.

I didn't check the list on the website, but I know for sure that http://myfbireport.com/ can be used as I used that one in 2016 and it was the cheapest I found on the list with the fastest turnaround. Remember that the CBC does not have to be apostilled only the degree. For the degree check your state's website for turnaround time on apostilles because in Texas it was 10 days, so I got my CBC and around the same time since I sent the diploma off first.

Also, if you have yet to get fingerprints done for the CBC be sure to call your local police station. Turns out it was free to get my prints.
Adventurer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Approved Channelers Reply with quote

Renderella wrote:
lonestar wrote:

I didn't check the list on the website, but I know for sure that http://myfbireport.com/ can be used as I used that one in 2016 and it was the cheapest I found on the list with the fastest turnaround. Remember that the CBC does not have to be apostilled only the degree. For the degree check your state's website for turnaround time on apostilles because in Texas it was 10 days, so I got my CBC and around the same time since I sent the diploma off first.

Also, if you have yet to get fingerprints done for the CBC be sure to call your local police station. Turns out it was free to get my prints.

Are you sure the CBC doesn't have to get apostilled by the Department of State? As far as I know, you need it apostilled, and you need your diploma apostilled by your state. I wasn't aware that the rules changed, and that you no longer need your FBI check apostilled.
SeoulAlone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you DO need your CBC Apostilled and NOT by your local (State) Government. you need to have it Apostilled in D.C.
Adventurer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a quick question. I have my BA and MA authenticated, but I don't have the transcripts for the MA. I suppose I need those though I have worked previously in Korea. I have been told by some people that once you have left, you have to do that whole time consuming paperwork all over again, but some say you don't.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78
Page 78 of 78

Jump to: