Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How much for a new alien card????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Man of Changwon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 8:54 pm    Post subject: How much for a new alien card???? Reply with quote

I lost my alien card(very stupidly) and am wondering how much I have to pay to get another one and if I have to bring my director down with me or I can just do it alone??
yodanole

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how much it costs these days, but it shouldn't be very much. However, you will have to go to the police station and report it as lost or stolen, and take a copy of the police report with your passport and 2 passport photos to immigration to get a new card.
mysteriousdeltarays

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to much money wise , but a real experience filling out the forms with the local police. They will want a detailed description of how you "lost it." This may take hours.
elmer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mysteriousdeltarays wrote:
but a real experience filling out the forms with the local police.

true.

I went to the "wrong" police station (too small, they didn't have the forms, so go to a major station) so they called someone in to give me a ride to the central station. I lived in a very small town at the time, and the cop came in and said "hey it's "elmer"" (with my real name, of course). I have no idea how he knew my name...Riding in the cop car was interesting. The cops didn't know English except "Police car". It was funny. No, really, this is a police car??

I'd say at least an hour. I have no idea why it took so long to photocopy a couple of papers and fill in a form or two, but I think the English name added at least a minute/letter.... Surprised
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: