Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dentist in Seoul

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
katydid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Dentist in Seoul Reply with quote

I need a good dentist, someone who won't rip out my teeth, in either the Jamshil or Cheonho area, but would also travel to Itaewon for him or her.

Was flossing earlier and think I seriously irritated my gum. Pretty painful. Sad (Like you all need to know that.)

Thanks!
Katy
Demophobe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.eslcafe.com/forums/korea/viewtopic.php?t=18&highlight=dentist

http://www.eslcafe.com/forums/korea/viewtopic.php?t=19918&highlight=dentist

http://www.eslcafe.com/forums/korea/viewtopic.php?t=17966&highlight=dentist

http://www.eslcafe.com/forums/korea/viewtopic.php?t=14461&highlight=dentist

Dunno....hope these threads can help.
katydid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of these threads say "Korean dentists suck!" Confused

LOL Might try the one Toby is talking about in COEX...hope he is still there.
Demophobe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had great luck with my dentist, but he's not in Seoul. I searched fairly hard and went with one who met my criteria:
- middle-aged
- lots of certificates from known gnathology/orthodontic schools/universities
- busy
- International accreditation, usually in the form of plaques on the walls.
Intrepid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: In Apkujung Reply with quote

This is late, but I've had a lot of work done at A+ Dental.
3442-7575
katydid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is that? I mean where in Seoul?
Intrepid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Sorry Reply with quote

Seems I lost a sentence there. I had meant to include:
Near Apkujung station in Seoul; excellent work, English spoken.
Hieronymous

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: dentist in Seoul Reply with quote

I recommend Kyunghee University Dental hospital,...

they speak english, and dont try and screw you as they are part of the health service. I went today, had check up 6000w, descaling 60000w, ive gotta go back and have an amalgam filling 12000w and a white filling 100000w. amalgams are covered by insurance white is not, hence the price diff... all spoke english and clean...

Kyunghee is near Hoegi subway..just turn up, no appt.
jahson4

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a good experience with http://www.tuftsdental.net. Dr.Sohn practiced in the US for 5 years.
Caffeinated

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was pretty happy with the dental work I got from Hu's hu until they billed my debit card for 30% more than the quote.
wsung01

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all

Just wanted to add another English speaking dentist.

His name is Dr. Nak Sung, previously practiced in California as a general dentist for 10+ yrs before coming to Korea.

His address is:
Seowon Dental Clinic
Gyeonggi-do Yongin-si Mapyeong-dong 625-5

tel) 031-337-2875

If you have any questions feel free to call his office: 031-337-2875 and ask for him or to message me. Thanks!
bekbks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I would post my thoughts concerning a popular dentist for foreigners in Sunae. Went to Hushu Clinic when I was having some tooth pain back at the beginning of summer.

They were very nice-- most of the employees spoke fairly good English. However, the first concern arose when they came back with my x-ray saying I'd probably need 2, maybe 3 root canals... and that I had 8 cavities. I hadn't been to a dentist for a while-- funds were low in America, so while I was concerned that my mouth had suddenly become a posterchild for tooth decay, I went ahead and scheduled my root canal treatment for my problem tooth.

Though the dentist was a little cold, the rest of the staff was very nice. I ended up visiting them about once a week for 2 and a half months. However, when the time came for me to get fitted for my crown, I was surprised to hear that the cheaper option I had chosen would not be "suitable" for my tooth size. They said my tooth was too small for that option. This sounded fishy-- and since I obviously didn't want a silver tooth, I was forced to go with the more expensive ceramic crown.

After I went home, I messaged a dentist friend back in the States, asking if having a "small tooth" would prevent any kind of crown from being used. She told me no. I was being had.

So that's it. Once they put my crown on, I resolved I'd find another dentist. They're nice at Hushu, but they also smiled money out of me.
prtan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Terror at TuftsDental Reply with quote

jahson4 wrote:
I had a good experience with http://www.tuftsdental.net. Dr.Sohn practiced in the US for 5 years.

I seriously would not recommend Tufts. I had at accident one day, chipped off one of my molars. At first, Dr Sohn told me after an X-ray that. I was lucky I don't need a root canal. But after some procedure and a "oops!" suddenly , she broke something and I required a root canal. That's a difference of about USD700! from the normal procedure that required only about USD300.

Then during the procedure, which too 2 days, it was a lot of pain and suffering. The 2nd day especially when she was supposedly pulling out the veins, she kept on giving me anesthesia jabs that did not work. All in all I counted more than 10. It was terrible, and everytime, I remembered that it still hurts like hell. It was the final one that she told me she's going to jab it on the vein itself that finally soothed the problem.

Thereafter, I needed a doctor's memo to claim my insurance in my home county, but she kept on saying she don't know what to write even though I told her to write exactly what happened, that there was an error in the procedure thereafter I needed a root canal. It took my insurance agent quite some trouble to claim the procedure. It was a lot of begging from me to her and in the end, she still gave me nothing, just an invoice and tried to brush me off.

I only decided to write this review after 2 years its because finally the tooth that she did root canal on hurts now! Sucks man... now I have to find someone else to fix what you left off.
prtan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Dental examination Reply with quote

I have just went to a private practitioner in Singapore. And she has confirmed the case with an X-ray that the root canal was not done properly.

There are remains of the procedure at the root of my tooth that are probably getting inflamed and the only way to stop the pain is to go through another root canal on the same tooth. And that's gonna cost me another USD$1000. I'm taking antibiotics now hopefully to stop the pain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: