Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

i need a haircut
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrroboto

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've decided to simply avoid getting haircuts while in Korea. I came here with maybe an inch on top, and now I'm riding around 4. Nothing like middle school students saying "Teacher, your hair is dirty." as part of a healthy and balanced daily routine.
paulc

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrroboto wrote:
I've decided to simply avoid getting haircuts while in Korea.

Maybe a good idea.......

I was thinking of the verry same thing - and growing my hair longer again. I might try it once, and see how the first haircut goes though - I did have a haircut from some Korean hairdresser when I was in Sydney, and it was ok.
Rand Al Thor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrroboto wrote:
I've decided to simply avoid getting haircuts while in Korea.

Not an option for me. My hair grows about 3cm every month. Plus I've been here for 6 years... I would look like a shaggy dog after only about 3 months...
HamuHamu

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 5:49 pm    Post subject: TIGI Seoul - the best place for a haircut Reply with quote

The best place to get your hair cut - and most importantly, COLOURED, is at TIGI in Apgujeong.

TIGI (Toni and Guy) is a British chain, one of the best in the world, and all of the staff are trained in England at some point in their careers. They all have experience with foreign hair, so they know how to do colour. They have proper products, they all speak english, and they can give you a good cut as well.

The best part is that what costs me about $250 at TIGI in Canada, was 90,000 won here!

I'm sorry, I can't remember the phone number, but a Google-search for TIGI Seoul will bring up their webpage. They are in Apgu-jeong, on a small street across from the Galleria department store. They are on the 3rd floor next to a Lotteria.

Hope that helps!
Blue Flower

Location: The realisation that I only have to endure two more weeks in this filthy, perverted, nasty place!

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much! That is exactly the info I was after. My hair will be grateful. I was going to give one of my local hairdressers permission to experiment, but now i don't have too. Just one more question - do they speak english? Or should i have what i want done written down in Hangul?
FierceInvalid

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sideburns thing is something that took a few tragic mishaps for me before I finally straightened it out. My barber just refused to accept that I wanted hair there.

I've thought about going the clippers route and probably would if it weren't for the whole "I REALLY don't want to look like I might be in the military" thing.
whatthefunk

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look like the fifth Beatle. I wanted it a little longer on top and kind of short on the sides and in the back, but she went nuts and did everything but put a bowl on my head. Definatly bring a picture in.
IconsFanatic

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly recommend Blue Club (a chain) if you're in Busan. They tend to carry Japanese fashion magazines, which you can flip through and find a style that you like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: