Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

12, 14 and 16 year old sisters give birth....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swiss James

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Butterfly wrote:
BBC wrote:
Their mother Julie Atkins, 38, who said the girls were too young and had ruined their lives, blamed schools for providing poor quality sex education.

*beep* *beep* blame the *beep* state *beep* you old chav *beep* slag.

Typical of these *beep* people, blaming the schools for their own failures as parents. The state ought to do those babies a favour and take them away and put them up for adoption as quickly as possible. Hopefully that might save us all a few burglaries and car-thefts in about 11-12 years time.

Bunch of chav slags.

Eamo wrote:
Is it time to start giving out The Pill in schools?

It's way past time. A whole bunch cheaper for everyone too.

Free pill and no more state benefits for these people.

Butterfly in "I don't like chavs" shocker!

They should take a lesson out of the old-school African policies and offer a free pair of Rockport shoes for any young shell-suited youths who volunteer for a vasectomy.
animalbirdfish

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redd wrote:

12?!?!?! That's criminal.

...And old enough to be married and divorced - several times - in more than a few countries. Shocked
eamo

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, if her daughter repeats her mistake......She will be a grandmother at 24!!!!
gmat

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was reminded of a great article I read from England when I was reading this thread. I think the Brits and others (especially Butterfly, Swiss J, and eamo) will find it interesting. It is an indictment of the 'welfare state' as the source of many of today's social problems. As such, it applies to Canada, the US, Australia, etc...

I don't agree with everything in the article, but it is a great essay on the causes of many of societies' problems. As they say, read the whole thing.

The article is called "The Frivolity of Evil" http://www.city-journal.org/html/14_4_oh_to_be.html

excerpt

My work has caused me to become perhaps unhealthily preoccupied with the problem of evil. Why do people commit evil? What conditions allow it to flourish? How is it best prevented and, when necessary, suppressed? Each time I listen to a patient recounting the cruelty to which he or she has been subjected, or has committed (and I have listened to several such patients every day for 14 years), these questions revolve endlessly in my mind......

A necessary, though not sufficient, condition is the welfare state, which makes it possible, and sometimes advantageous, to behave like this. Just as the IMF is the bank of last resort, encouraging commercial banks to make unwise loans to countries that they know the IMF will bail out, so the state is the parent of last resort—or, more often than not, of first resort. The state, guided by the apparently generous and humane philosophy that no child, whatever its origins, should suffer deprivation, gives assistance to any child, or rather the mother of any child, once it has come into being. In matters of public housing, it is actually advantageous for a mother to put herself at a disadvantage, to be a single mother, without support from the fathers of the children and dependent on the state for income. She is then a priority; she won't pay local taxes, rent, or utility bills....

Here we enter the realm of culture and ideas. For it is necessary not only to believe that it is economically feasible to behave in the irresponsible and egotistical fashion that I have described, but also to believe that it is morally permissible to do so. And this idea has been peddled by the intellectual elite in Britain for many years, more assiduously than anywhere else, to the extent that it is now taken for granted. There has been a long march not only through the institutions but through the minds of the young. When young people want to praise themselves, they describe themselves as "nonjudgmental." For them, the highest form of morality is amorality....
Swiss James

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are there no poor houses? Are there no prisons?
khyber

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont' think that it necessarily has anything to do with a welfare state so much as people knowing that the WITH the benefits of a welfare state, also come the responsibilities.

I find it strange that these chicks are being paraded around and seem quite happy that they all have children.
But what i find absolutely fucking retarded is that the mother blames it ALL of this on schools.

But maybe she has resigned herself to the fact that she has no business being anywhere near children.

If I knew that the girls were taking care of their kids and doing their best to raise them and continue throughout school and trying to be responsible, sure, i'd give em money.
but i think i may be alone on that count
jaganath69

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another failure of the welfare state. Rest assured, while British taxpayers support these three, the lads who spawned this latest generation of handout recipients will no doubt be selling pot, drinking strong cider, breaking and entering and attempting to knock up some other silly young cow. Best way to deal with these is tie welfare to work or sterilization. The right to have children doesn't preclude the right for others to support you. Just another reason not to live, work and pay tax in the west.
crazylemongirl

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the thing is a lot of morally conservative parents don't like their children getting taught sex ed in school.

I rememeber when mother was screaming at the school board because her 13 year old daughter practiced putting a condom on a wooden model.

The chairperson of the board who was a midwife by trade let the women finish then said. I don't care about your morality I just want to stop teenagers getting pregnant'
hellofaniceguy

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I am wondering...isn't sex with someone under 16 a felony? Unless of course the guy is under 16.
But gesh...a 12 year old girl?!?!? Someone was not thinking with their brain!!
AdamH

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can relate to Butterfly and Jaganath69's views...I live not far enough away from the UK's own little trailer parks, Basildon (Bas Vegas) and Canvey Island. I won't even start the list of why these dirty chav scum make my blood boil, except to say:

Quote:
In matters of public housing, it is actually advantageous for a mother to put herself at a disadvantage, to be a single mother, without support from the fathers of the children and dependent on the state for income. She is then a priority; she won't pay local taxes, rent, or utility bills....

BINGO!
chest rockwell

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellofaniceguy wrote:
chest rockwell wrote:
cant believe this is in the uk and not the us

What a stupid response....really!!

Maybe you seem to forget that the US is made up of THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of people from the UK also! And thousands from Europe, and Africa and korea!
I don't get it......"blaming" the US for others mistakes....
No...not a sore spot or struck a cord with me....it just makes no educated sense.......like stupid s&%t does not go on in the UK or korea?

But its like something straight outta springer - the rest of the worlds' window to American life and culture

"I wash myself with a rag on a stick" (clap, clap, clap)
jaderedux

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazylemongirl wrote:
the thing is a lot of morally conservative parents don't like their children getting taught sex ed in school.

I rememeber when mother was screaming at the school board because her 13 year old daughter practiced putting a condom on a wooden model.

The chairperson of the board who was a midwife by trade let the women finish then said. I don't care about your morality I just want to stop teenagers getting pregnant'

I struggle with this sort of thinking.....I mean my parents taught me sex-ed. Mostly abstinence based but I knew how stuff worked and how to prevent pregnancy. My parents not my school and at a relatively early age about 10 then again at 12 and when I started Middle School. Worked for me not my sister.

So when do we start handing out birth control pills in middle school. I mean heck they could give them out at lunch. That would stop teen pregnancies too. The parents MUST take some responsibility in teaching their children.....not everything should be left to the state.

Sounds all very nice and self righteous for some one to say "I just want to stop teens from getting pregnant". Okay then lets just patch them with the patch or give them depo while they are in school!

No need for that silly morality crap ....who needs it we got wooden penises and condoms for all! And how much must parents surrender to the schools....maybe I don't want my 12 year old or 13 year old rolling condoms on a fake *beep*.

I despise the idea of state sponsored morality and the state taking over the rearing of kids....! Balanced information is good but what's next live demos?

Jade the reasonable
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
eamo

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is an example of what happens when parents don't do as much as they should to prevent their kids messing up.

Sometimes, though, the best of parents lose control of their kids and then what happens?

Avoiding getting pregnent is easy. A pill per day. A parent in touch with what their kids are up to will know or heavily suspect when their kids are becoming sexually active and help them with contraception.

Many parents don't care or don't want to know.

Then you need a system of contraception from the other authority figures. School.
Bozo Yoroshiku

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 12, 14 and 16 year old sisters give birth.... Reply with quote

eamo wrote:
I really don't know what to say about this.......Is it time to start giving out The Pill in schools?

You can "forget" to take a Pill. From grade 6 on, it should be mandatory norplant.

--boz
winnie

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

desultude wrote:
Cheesh, you guys, there are screwed up people everywhere.

Sure, there is something really amiss here, but to call a clearly tragically messed up family "whores" is unbelievable.

To dismiss this problem the way some of you do is as mindless as letting it happen in the first place. Maybe that is why it hits a nerve?

I agree. I sense a lot of snobbery on this board....or elitism, not sure of the exact word I am looking for.

Granted, these girls obviously did not make wise choices, but there are other factors to take into consideration before calling them names and talking about people being trailer trash.

Obviously, many of you haven't experienced life from a "lower class" perspective.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: