Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

L-I-V-E-R-P-O-O-L!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SarcasmKills

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konundrum wrote:
You're just mad cuz Glazer is gonna turn Man U into the biggest circus on the continent. Can't wait to see Old Trafford named after a candy bar or something. Laughing

Old Spice Trafford?
philinkorea

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually whereas the Glazier thing is something new and odd im not judging it yet and i said congratulations to liverpool. it is good for english football. Im simply displaying that since that happened no lpool fan can judge man u to have ref decisions, be lucky etc. following a match or series of matches that contained everything that could possibly go for them happening. Finally Liverpool have some success that they will have to defend from critisism like it's only man u fans usually have to.

And again Well done to Liverpool. Steven gerrard is a credit to England next year
eamo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as a Liverpool fan, I was always big enough to say that Man U. were the best team in England during the 90's. They were. But what comes with being the biggest team in the country is that referee's tend to favour you. They are intimidated into giving free-kicks and penalties. Roy Keane and Fergie knew that. That's why Keano and Fergie were so in the face of referees. They knew the could get something out of it.

I read some stats once about how many penalties were given against Utd during the 90's at Old Trafford. It was mad. Barely any!!! Not compared to other teams.

And yes. I suppose Liverpool got the same in the 70's and 80's.
philinkorea

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I agree with that big teams do get more refereeing favours. Yeah I remember some statistic whereas there was something like one penalty given and taken in the premiership by an opposing team at old trafford over a number of years. Although how many blatant ones were turned down, no more than a few i think. Perhaps we should credit Man U's mighty defence and home form before turning attention to that.

I remember once though Keane shouting at the ref loads once for giving one to when it blatantly was. Dont know how this compared to teams in second or third spot but I did always feel it was well over exaggerated. Certainly this season Man U were really penalised after having a dubious penalty against arsenal and were denied a couple of clear cut ones over a period of matches.

Also that whole Tottenham thing annoyed me when they scored that goal in the totally bizarre incident which i think could have happened at any ground anywhere but since was from so far away the linesman didnt see and totally apologised. People said Man U 'got away with murder again 'and we needed video footage. I think Spurs fans forgot before this Man U were denied a clear penalty which was 3 yards inside the box but given as a freekick.

Congrats to Liverpool they did do fantastically well and I'll also always congratulate the winning team.
cya
eamo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justice has been done......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/4613695.stm
Liverpool have been given the chance to defend their Champions League crown after Uefa handed them a place in the first qualifying round for next season.
The Reds beat AC Milan in last season's final but, because they finished out of the Premiership's top four, were not guaranteed entry in 2005-2006.

Uefa's executive committee changed its rules on Friday to allow Liverpool in.

Yes, I know they don't perform well in the premiership but Benitez seems to be building a euro-centered team which can grind out results in Europe.
Anyway. It would be just daft to not have the champions in the competition.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: