Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

All you need to know about soccer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billybrobby

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this thread has a started a fight. sweet. haha.

I love football, but I think rugby is probably the most brutal sport that involves a ball. the thing about rugby though is that the players tend to get bunched up a lot in the scrum or the scrape or the dump or whatever you call it. like football without receivers. It seems like they rarely have the opportunity to run very far before they hit somebody. Whereas in football, as a normal part of the game (punt returns and kickoffs) people will run at a full sprint for 50 yards and (often) blast somebody. The average NFL player's career is like 3 years or something, partly because of the brutality and partly because of the intense competition for slots on the roster.

but having said that, check out these insane rugby hits:

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/rugbyhits.html
Emu Bitter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Association Football(soccer) is the most exciting sport, that's why it's the most popular(read Fever Pitch for more in depth analysis) Aussie Rules is much tougher than rugby cos you can get hit from any angle & at great speed.
poddubny

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

soccer is for homos. ditto rugby.
Emu Bitter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical North American, missing the point of what defines a sport. It's the supporters, not the players.
most candy arse Canadians wouldn't last 5 minutes in Moss Side, Toxteth, Benwell, Redfern or Balga(those places just off the top of my head)
billybrobby

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emu Bitter wrote:
Typical North American, missing the point of what defines a sport. It's the supporters, not the players.
most candy arse Canadians wouldn't last 5 minutes in Moss Side, Toxteth, Benwell, Redfern or Balga(those places just off the top of my head)

i think you're just making up names. well, i'll tell you you wouldn't last four minutes in Horse Knee, Stink Gulch, Gargamel or Mordor (just to name a few).

but you're right, it's the supporters not the players. Yes, i'm much more interested in the balding middle-aged alcoholics who live vicariously through the sport than what's actually happening on the field.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: