Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dig. cam card error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seoultrader

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 7:05 pm    Post subject: Dig. cam card error Reply with quote

Heeeeeeelp.

Yesterday I took some pics that are soem what important to me with my dig. cam. (Olympus C-220).

When I tried to look at them this morning, I keept getting a "Card Error" message. Took the card out and back in a few times, still nothing.

Question: it's obviously a card problem b/c the other ones work fine. So, are my pics gone for good or can a shop extract them for me?

Thnx
The Lemon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using a card reader (you didn't mention what kind of card it was - CF, SM, SD... probably doesn't matter though). If that doesn't work, the images may well be lost.

I prefer using card readers to the on-camera USB connection. It seems safer to me, though I have absolutely no evidence to support this belief.
Derrek

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:39 pm    Post subject: Good luck Reply with quote

You're only chance is to try it in some other machines and save them off it they come up.

Chances are, you are out of luck. What kind of card is it? Compact Flash? I quit buying Lexar cards because mine went bad on me fairly early. When it comes to those cards, I'm not sure different brands make a whole lot of difference. I have this theory that many of them are made in the same place, then have a different name slapped on them.

It all comes down to what memory they have inside. Also, some of them seem to have a thicker shell. They all advertise different speeds, but unless you're dealing with recording video on your digital camera, or have to take multiple fast shots with a higher-end camera, it doesn't matter a whole lot.

My compact flash card is a Korean/Chinese brand called, "Storium". It advertises to have "Samsung Memory inside". Samsung memory is fairly decent, and I've been happy with it. It was one of the cheaper ones anyway.
GirlFromMars

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same camera. I've never had a problem with the the cards but I fear your pictures are probably lost. Try wiping the gold contacts with a bit of cleaning paper but if it doesn't work you need to reformat the card.

Dang, what a shame.
Seoultrader

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaaaaaaank you all. The wiping worked (worked it over with a cotton awb doused in after shave)

Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: