Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone play WoW? Looking to join a good guild...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sody

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Anyone play WoW? Looking to join a good guild... Reply with quote

Hi, does anyone here play World of Warcraft? I have lvl 60s on an American server but the raiding times are impossible for me to make due to the time difference.

I am looking to start over on a Horde pvp server and would like to know if there are any active players here in Korea who would like to play together. Are there any guilds recruiting? I'm looking to do end game content as well as pvp since that is what my guild does regularly. I'm talking AQ20, ZG, MC and BWL.

I would play on a Korean server but obviously my typing in English would be a major problem. I heard there was a way to log onto their servers by switching a file in some WoW directory. Don't know for sure though.

If anyone knows of a good Japanese or Australian guild that raids during our hours that would be ideal I guess. I guess most players play on American servers and stay up late hehe.

Sody
Oreovictim

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you can wait a month, I'll join up with you.

I'll (hopefully) be in Korea next month, and I've always wanted to play that game. I was obsessed with Diablo 2 and Morrowind.

I've told myself that if I get a gig over there, I would treat myself and go out and buy that game.

But wait, did you say that you were looking for experienced players? I'd be a little too new for you. I've never played online with people.

If interested, cool. If not, no big deal.
Sody

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Oreo,

It's no problem. I've been playing MMORPGs for years and I can tell you for sure that World of Warcraft is a very newbie friendly game. That's why it is so popular. I have started characters on Barthilas server, it is an Oceanic server and has appropriate raid times for us players in Korea. I play on Horde, but my characters are still new.

If you wish to play on alliance, I can help you out on Bonechewer. But remember that the time zone for that server is based in North America. Just send me a PM if you need a hand.

Sody
bilbo202

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually been looking to play for quite a while, but there isn't anything but Korean client software over here. Anybody know of a place to get an English version or have one they want to part with? No way to d/l it direct unfortunately...
bombenhagen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LEEEEEEEEERRRROOOOOY.....MMMMMMMMJEEEEENKIIIINNNNS!
Asthenia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to raid, definitely find a guild on an Oceanic server. There unfortunately aren't enough experienced players in Korea to round out a raiding guild. If just playing casually or socially, it'd be nice to start up a group on an Oceanic realm.

I play on Bloodscalp PvP (North America). My guild is in Naxx, but I've never even seen it due to the time difference.

Last edited by Asthenia on Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Asthenia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PvE
Aman'thul
Khaz'goroth

PvP

Frostmourne
Jubei'thus
Barthilas
Thunndarr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the game. I play on the Draka server. I'd be up for re-rolling on an Oceanic server if we can come up with a consensus on which one.
Asthenia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should make it easier:

"We will be opening a new Oceanic PvE realm next week, on Thursday, September 21 at 3 AM PDT. Players with characters on the realms listed below will be able to transfer their characters for free to this new realm. These transfers will be available until Wednesday, September 27 at 3 PM PDT. During this time, standard character creation will not be possible. Coordinate your plans now and we'll see you in a week! "

(Realms available are all other Oceanic realms, regardless of server type.)
bombenhagen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've often wanted to try WoW and ditch Magic the Gathering Online because of the stupid money it is costing me. How much would WoW cost me? Just the game itself or would I have to pay per month or something?
Sody

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided on Barthilas server after seeing how bad Jubei'Thos was. I play on the Horde side. It is fairly new so it has a nice community feel to it still. Raid times are good, most people from Australia, SE Asia and NZ.

It's really tough starting over and leaving your level sixties behind but it's worth it I think.

I know you can buy the English version of WoW at Yongsan. You can also order English software that you want to own legally from New Zealand. I know there is one or two stores where you can buy softare online and they will ship it to Korea. Costs a bit but certainly cheaper than ordering from Ebay or the US.

For those who are new to the game you must buy the actually software game (five CDs). You will get the first month free but you must pay a monthly fee after that. It is around $14 US a month I believe.

Sody
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: