Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Canadian RCMP Criminal Check.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taiwantroll

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the OP,

No you don't need to be from Winnipeg to get it done through the Winnipeg police department.

Third party criminal record check providers are no longer allowed to perform criminal record checks that are not done in person.

Winnipeg is the only option, aside from waiting six months with the RCMP.
Weigookin74

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still nothing. Sent it in February. Haven't heard anything yet. Just renewed my Public School Contract recently and they said I have 5 months to get it to them. Anyone else with a similiar situation.
Weigookin74

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taiwantroll wrote:
To the OP,

No you don't need to be from Winnipeg to get it done through the Winnipeg police department.

Third party criminal record check providers are no longer allowed to perform criminal record checks that are not done in person.

Winnipeg is the only option, aside from waiting six months with the RCMP.

If I list a martime address? The Winnipeg police department will accept it? But what about the Korean consulate? Does it also say National Check on it?
Weigookin74

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess my sister in Canada told me she finally got the CRC. But I recently found out I can print off the non fingerprint form, fill it out, scan it, and email it to the local rcmp office and include two scanned pieces of identification. But a local person will have to give them a money order. But since I got my fingerprint form, I didn't need to go this route.
greatunknown

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys!

Just thought I'd let you all know that Kimmi accepted my Royal Newfoundland Constabulary criminal background check. I was a bit worried there for a while! Its just your standard local police station background check. All police checks in Canada use the CPIC database. Knowing this, and also knowing there was a good chance my CBC would be rejected, I also asked for a typed letter on RNC letterhead explaining very clearly that this was a national check that used the CPIC database and that I had no criminal record in Canada. It cost $20 and only took a few hours.

It was a gamble I was willing to take. It would have been costly for me had they rejected my CBC. That being said, they authenticated the CBC at the Korean Consulate in Montreal without any trouble so that made me optimistic.

I may have just gotten lucky. I'm sure this could have gone the other way.
greatunknown

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

double post

Last edited by greatunknown on Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:32 am; edited 2 times in total
ergo.elaine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those in Toronto, I went down to police HQ on College Street and got the basic clearance letter and it was accepted by all the necessary parties.
bobbybigfoot

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really hoping immigration has realized that local checks are the same as RCMP checks. I will find out for sure in less than one month's time.

I'm also still hearing that the requirements can all be waived for one year for those EXTENDING current visas (one waiver per customer!).

Doesn't help that Canada has a postal strike going on right now. I'm waiting for my degree to be notarized. Stuck somewhere with Canada Post. Rotting. Grrr.
Weigookin74

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobbybigfoot wrote:
I'm really hoping immigration has realized that local checks are the same as RCMP checks. I will find out for sure in less than one month's time.

I'm also still hearing that the requirements can all be waived for one year for those EXTENDING current visas (one waiver per customer!).

Doesn't help that Canada has a postal strike going on right now. I'm waiting for my degree to be notarized. Stuck somewhere with Canada Post. Rotting. Grrr.

I heard that. My sister called the consulate and agreed to accept UPS in light of the strike. Nice sister I have. lol Anyhew, call your local consulate or embassy and ask.
juniorbl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weigookin74,

did you receive your criminal check from the RCMP? How long did it take? They received mine on May 11th and I was hoping that the 12 weeks processing time in the website was correct but now I think it's going to surpass 120 days.

Sorry to reply an old post.

Thank you.
Speedling

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My girlfriend and I both used local police station background checks. They were accepted. Didn't bother to get finger printed and didn't bother to use the RCMP. All police checks in Canada use the same database so we didn't have to because all background checks in Canada are national. It cost $20 and was ready 2 hours later.

Ours were RNC checks. But i'm sure OPP or whatever would be the same.
Jack_Sarang

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weigookin74 wrote:

If I list a martime address? The Winnipeg police department will accept it? But what about the Korean consulate? Does it also say National Check on it?

Yes. I am from Ontario and used the Winnipeg service. The turn around time was about 3 1/2 weeks.

It very specifically says on it that no criminal record exists in the National database.

The problem MAY arise with what consulate you use to verify it. The Korean Consulate in Toronto will not verify criminal record checks that don't originate in Ontario or Manitoba.
juniorbl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack_Sarang wrote:
Weigookin74 wrote:

Yes. I am from Ontario and used the Winnipeg service. The turn around time was about 3 1/2 weeks.

It very specifically says on it that no criminal record exists in the National database.

The problem MAY arise with what consulate you use to verify it. The Korean Consulate in Toronto will not verify criminal record checks that don't originate in Ontario or Manitoba.

Hello, I'm not in Canada, I thought about this Winnipeg solution but I don't have my passport right now, I only have local documents to use as identification, I don't think they're going to accept them. It's almost 120 days since the RCMP have my application and I'd like a clue about how much more time it's gonna take.

Cheers.
timetotravel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add my experience......I applied for RCMP check from Korea at the end of April and I still have not received it!
juniorbl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timetotravel wrote:
Just to add my experience......I applied for RCMP check from Korea at the end of April and I still have not received it!

timetotravel, please keep us posted about your request.

Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: