Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New E-2 Guidelines????
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77, 78  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OMGtrev

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Diplomas and getting new visas Reply with quote

OK, so the immigration office has my diploma, which is notarized and has an apostile, and they won't give it back. But in order to get a new visa I have to give them that same diploma. How can I get them to check their own files or just give me the damn thing so I can give it back to them?
I-am-me

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: rumor of rule change Reply with quote

koreaquestions wrote:
This has probably been answered here, but stupid me, I can't figure it out. I would like to transfer to another hagwon when my contract expires July 1st, without going back to the US. I submitted the FBI national CRC and apostilled degree copy in June of 2011 before I first came, but I've heard rumors of a rule change through a recruiter (I don't know if he's reliable) that say I will have to resubmit them even if I accept another offer immediately. It would be cutting it too close for me to try to get the documents together again. Is there really a rule change this year? Or are the documents I sent last year still valid? Thanks for your help!

The new policy states that if you leave the country for more than 3 months, then you need to resubmit all the paperwork again. Less than 3 months, you dont need to. Its still on file at immi.
I-am-me

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Diplomas and getting new visas Reply with quote

OMGtrev wrote:
OK, so the immigration office has my diploma, which is notarized and has an apostile, and they won't give it back. But in order to get a new visa I have to give them that same diploma. How can I get them to check their own files or just give me the damn thing so I can give it back to them?
You didnt give them the original did you? Shocked

You might need to contact your college for a new one.
freeformlurker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matty022 wrote:
Please keep in mind that a new requirement for 2(two) authenticated copies of your federal FBI Criminal Background Check goes into effect in "mid-2012". Anyone ordering a CBC now make sure to ask for 2 authenticated copies.

When does this come into effect?

The reason I ask is I recently secured a job and have my original background check with the apostille stamp ready to send this week. If I have to get another copy it will set me back a long time and I will lose the job placement.
nicole_epres

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The HR at the school I will be working with is asking for me to call immigration and tell them my ARC number to confirm what documents I need to applly. I'm not quite sure what she means because I don't have an ARC number. I thought that I just need to send in all my E-2 visa documents and then they'd send me a visa issuance number?

Am I missing something? Do i need to get an ARC number somewhere?!
nicole_epres

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, is it true the Korean immigration won't accept your apostilled CBC if it's older than 6 months?
Reggie

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matty022 wrote:
Please keep in mind that a new requirement for 2(two) authenticated copies of your federal FBI Criminal Background Check goes into effect in "mid-2012". Anyone ordering a CBC now make sure to ask for 2 authenticated copies.

A lady at Immigration told me to get one, make a photocopy, and get them both apostilled. Just to play it safe, I'm going to get multiple real copies.
YTMND

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie wrote:
matty022 wrote:

A lady at Immigration told me to get one, make a photocopy, and get them both apostilled. Just to play it safe, I'm going to get multiple real copies.

Where is this new rule mentioned? How did you find out about it?
Reggie

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YTMND wrote:
Reggie wrote:
matty022 wrote:

Where is this new rule mentioned? How did you find out about it?

I've seen matty022 and others talking about it on here. Some posters mentioned Incheon and Busan specifically requiring second copies.
wanderkind

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks,

I'm looking at applying for an E-2 visa to work for an English Village in Seoul in the near future.

Before I go ahead and potentially waste everyone's time, I wanted to ask:

Is there a GPA requirement for an E-2 visa?

In the job / visa app process, who (if anyone) along the line will see my uni grades / conceivably deny a visa based on the fact that they're awful (60.5%GPA, yes, I'm a fuckup...)
jizza

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: How up-to-date must the FBI CBC be? Reply with quote

Hi All, I planned on teaching in Korea in Summer 2011, so got all the documents done
(FBI CBC, w/ apostille)

I ended up not teaching but now want to go to teach for Summer 2012.
The FBI CBC is stamped from April or May 2011 so most likely it has been 1 year already.

Are my documents still valid for getting an E2 visa?

Thanks.
YTMND

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's only good for 6 months. You are probably better off preparing for September job.
bojangles

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:12 am    Post subject: FBI-CBC Payment Reply with quote

Couple of Questions :

1. Do they only accept credit card payment for the FBI-CBC or can you send an international money order or cashiers check?

2. What is the exact address to send the prints to in WV?

I keep missing these two points on the Bureau's Webpage. Thanks.
sonicmark

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Notarized copy of diploma Reply with quote

Hey all, I have a quick question. I'm sorry if it's already been answered somewhere but there are 76 pages on this thread.

Anyways, I will be re-signing with my job at the end of the summer and am getting my documents in order. I've been in Korea since 2009, but this is the first time I've had to resubmit documents, since my 2nd job just transferred and extended my original visa status. To save myself a future headache, I got multiple notarized copies of my diploma back in 2009, and I still have these extra copies from three years ago. Will immigration still accept a notarized copy that is three years old? I know there are time limitations on the CBC, but is there any expiration date on a notarized copy of the diploma? In my opinion, this shouldn't matter, but it's Korea, so who knows what they will think at immigration.

If anyone has any info on if a notarized copy of a diploma expires, that would be great. Thanks!
Esoterik

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all.

Does anyone know if the fact that I've spent recent years living in two different countries will pose a problem for getting an E2 visa, with respect to background checks? Would a background check from my home country suffice?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77, 78  Next
Page 76 of 78

Jump to: