Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

where to buy a good, high quality computer in seoul?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ohahakehte

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: where to buy a good, high quality computer in seoul? Reply with quote

im looking for a laptop w/ the most current technology and a wireless internet connection. how much would it go for in won and where is the best place to find one?
HardyandTiny

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: where to buy a good, high quality computer in seoul? Reply with quote

ohahakehte wrote:
im looking for a laptop w/ the most current technology and a wireless internet connection. how much would it go for in won and where is the best place to find one?

contact the seoul computer club
i'm too lazy to get the link
you can find it via google, yahoo, etc..
Mr. Pink

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All depends, but I'd say 2.5 mil to 3.5mil

Depends on how much power you want, how light/heavy you want it, how big the monitor is, how much ram, and of course on the video card. Those shared ram video cards suckarse imo.

A few of my favs in country are:

Samsung Sens SP25
Samsung X10 (light weight, almost went for this one)
Sony GRT25P if you want 2.5mil GRT30LP for 3.5mil

I wouldn't touch any of the IBMs as they are over priced for what they deliever. Typically cost what a Sony might, but a Sony delievers a lot more.

Compaq/HP aren't bad but find one with at least 64MB of video ram that aint shared, and sold in Korea...cause I certainly couldnt.

Dell arent bad either, but Dell Korea has crap IMO. Compared to Dell USA it's like we get the scraps over here.

I'd suggest you research the model you want to get. There are crap loads out there. Then if you want to buy in Korea I suggest you check out:

http://www.enuri.com/

do a search on the model you want, they list the cheapest prices in Korea,and where to buy.

Laptops are expensive, I'd say look at EVERYTHING you want it for, as you cannot usually change the CPU or Video Card etc.
JackSarang

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to buy domestic to get it cheap. So Samsung.

Either Technomart right outside Gangbyeon station or Yongsan Electronics Fleamarkets in... Yongsan.

Technomart is easier to get to and navigate, its two stops from Jamshil in eastern Seoul.

For Yongsan, check out The Lemon's sticky in the question and answer forum.
ohahakehte

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so it doesnt sound like i would get much of a deal over here in seoul huh? looks like i may as well just wait until i return to canada. some people told me (i dont think they knew what they were talking about) that it would be much cheaper to get a good computer here, but evidently not.
ratslash

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno mart near gangbyeon station or yongsan.
Gord

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohahakehte wrote:
so it doesnt sound like i would get much of a deal over here in seoul huh? looks like i may as well just wait until i return to canada. some people told me (i dont think they knew what they were talking about) that it would be much cheaper to get a good computer here, but evidently not.

High-end laptops are luxury items and priced as such. If you want to just "get a good computer", you can get one for under $400US at Yongsan that is assembled from all new components.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: