Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where can I buy a DVD of Matrix 3 Revolution?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harpeau

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:55 pm    Post subject: Where can I buy a DVD of Matrix 3 Revolution? Reply with quote

Can I get it at Yongsan? Where else is it available? How much? Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
peppermint

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw it selling for 8,000, near exit 7 of Gangnam Station last night. The guy seems to be there after 8:00 p.m. or so.

Go see it in the theaters, not worth watching twice. Confused
kimcheeking

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One wonders if the quality of obviously bootleg DVD'S are equal to the real thing released by the studios?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only copies currently available ANYWHERE are "cam" releases; which is a camera filming the movie at the theatre. If you wait a few weeks we'll start seeing higher quality releases, it takes time. You will NOT find a DVD of the movie -- you may find the movie ON a DVD disk, but it's low quality.

However, you can also download the only available releases on the internet. I had it, watched the first 15 minutes, but the quality was too low to really pay attention and hear it well.

e-mail me in my profile and I can help you find where it's available. Keep in mind too that you can go see the movie for the same price (LOWER) than what the movie costs in Yongsan
Clutch Cargo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just spent about 3 days downloading a couple of copies of the movie (one was for insurance) but they ended up being Matrix 2 and Animatrix, both of which I already have. Bloody misnamed files.
Animatrix is excellent BTW.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will almost never get fake files if you use BitTorrent. I've never gotten a wrong file/fake with it myself. Check the net for how to do that P2P or PM me
ratslash

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are loads and loads of dvd sellers seemingly on every street corner. sure you can get it at yongsan. saw it for sale today in sinchon.
rudyflyer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it in yongsan last week at street level of the big blue building attached to the line 1 subway station. Go there on the weekends, they aren't there M-F as I discovered while up there a couple of tuesdays ago
Harpeau

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyflyer wrote:
I saw it in yongsan last week at street level of the big blue building attached to the line 1 subway station. Go there on the weekends, they aren't there M-F as I discovered while up there a couple of tuesdays ago

Thanks for all of the help. Picked up Matrix 2 & 3 at Yongsan. 2 is awesome! 3 is pretty good (qualitywise, that is). Paid a total of 17,000 won for the both of them.
Cheers!
Harpeau
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Snowman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you guys tried the bit torrent network? I don't usually download from them cause i'm dvd fanatic but a friend of mine downloads off and on and keeps telling me about "dvd rips" and such on that site

i think its

www.suprnova.org or something similar. try it out if you like, matrix revolutions =/ man .......won't say anything if you haven't watched it yet...but...=/
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rudyflyer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE bit torrent, it has allowed to stop having my father tape shows for us. get a cd burner and a dvd player that can play video cds and you're set

its kept me sane during this bout with shingles
Mr. Pink

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyflyer wrote:
I LOVE bit torrent, it has allowed to stop having my father tape shows for us. get a cd burner and a dvd player that can play video cds and you're set

its kept me sane during this bout with shingles

How you guys can love it is beyond me. The speeds were HORRIBLE. Yes i mean HORRIBLE. If you can stomach anything less than 50k/s well all the more power to you.

I use ASDL (megapass) and the speeds sucked. Maybe if I had a nice phat university line like some of you might have...but with megapass it sucks.

Newsgroups (usenet) is faster and even that sucks IMO.
gajackson1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RT & self have an uncapped line here 9we need it), & just got done dl'ing M3 via bittorrent.

Quality seemed very good; alas, it is all in Spanish, with no subtitles.

Ok for self, no bueno para la linda. triste! Crying or Very sad

Regards,

G.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the Premium ADSL Megapass and can download a full DVD - 4.4 Gigs in 28 hours. I download regular movies in 2 hours. I get well over 250 kb/s on average ... so it's you.

On another note, I saw M3 at CoEx today .... it was fair (C-), especially for the 8000 Won .... should not have bothered. I only saw it to ensure I saw the entire triology.

Oh well ..... the music was excellent though
Homer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the question is why would anyone buy that piece of overrated crap? Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: