Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't Send Email From Canada to Hanmail Account

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FliptheCoin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:08 pm    Post subject: Can't Send Email From Canada to Hanmail Account Reply with quote

Hey Everyone,

Here's my dilemma.

I've been trying and trying to send email from Canada to Korea. Basically I've tried from both my hotmail and yahoo accounts to send an email to several hanmail accounts. Its not working. Really getting frustrated. The message I get it something like "you've sent too many emails to us" and to contact a "[email protected]" address. This too doesn't work.

I can't figure it out for the life of me. The only thing I can think of is to download hangul characters onto the computer, but I'm having trouble doing this too (haven't goten the CD yet).

Does anyone have any advice? Anything is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Howard Roark

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't have anything to do with your location (I don't think so anyway). It's to do with your email being something other than hanmail. My boyfriend and I both use hotmail and we've both had this problem as well. And we live in Korea.
That being said, I don't actually know how to solve the problem. Only, if there is a phone number listed on the job ad, perhaps you could just make a quick call to them and tell them the problem. They may call you back or give you an alternative non-hanmail address to contact. A 5 minute phone call won't cost much.
Kwangjuchicken

Location: I was abducted by aliens on my way to Korea and forced to be an EFL teacher on this crazy planet.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have yahoo accounts 15 actually Wink . have been in korea 5 years Shocked and have sent tons of emails to hanmail and received tons from hanmail no problem. But I have had problems sending to hotmail with yahoo.
blah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never had problems sending messages from Yahoo to Hanmail either. I have a feeling there is some kind of anti-spam software (nonspam@...) that is filtering you out. It's not uncommon for things to not run smoothly in Korea. Sorry I can't help.
lush72

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:08 pm    Post subject: the big 3? Reply with quote

I have Yahoo, Hotmail, and Lycos e-mail addresses and the only one that never has a problem sending to Hanmail is Lycos. Works EVERY TIME!

This could explain the fact that www.lycos.co.kr is actually redirected to www.nate.com
NightWing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My two cents.
I have problems sending mail from Yahoo! to certain Hanmail accounts but not others.
To complicate it more, the ones I have problems with used to work and then suddenly..........they didn't.
mysterious Shocked
kangnamdragon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't Send Email From Canada to Hanmail Account Reply with quote

FliptheCoin wrote:

!

Retype the address with "daum.net" instead of "hanmail.net" It is the same company and should work from hotmail or yahoo.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The evil penguin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't Send Email From Canada to Hanmail Account Reply with quote

kangnamdragon wrote:
FliptheCoin wrote:

!

Retype the address with "daum.net" instead of "hanmail.net" It is the same company and should work from hotmail or yahoo.

I have the same problem with emailing from hotmail to hanmail. I tried doing the daum.net substitution but with no luck. I used to be able to send no worries.

Any experts out there please help as the matter is extremely urgent.... I have the hanmail address of a certain waitress here and i have a free night tonight.....
Derrek

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some korean email companies filter out hotmail and Yahoo addresses, because so much spam comes from them. They do it for a while, then it's OK, then they do it again. Darned annoying.

Use a different email account (not Yahoo or hotmail) to send the mails. It's your only choice.

Welcome to Korea.
Industrial Strength

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem, Hotmail to Hanmail. I tried the Lycos route, and it seems to have worked.

Only one new problem. Within 2 hours of signing up for a totally new account with Lycos, I had received 25 spam emails... Shocked ...and counting. Evil or Very Mad
Derrek

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes i wonder if Hanmail and other Korean accounts do this just to keep koreans from using hotmail and getting used to using their services.

Currently, everyone uses Buddy Buddy here, as one example, but MSN Messenger is slowly gaining popularity.
jlb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:18 pm    Post subject: lycos Reply with quote

Hi...I also tried sending to hanmail from yahoo and hotmail with no luck. I signed up for Lycos and it worked.
dogbert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derrek wrote:
Sometimes i wonder if Hanmail and other Korean accounts do this just to keep koreans from using hotmail and getting used to using their services.

Currently, everyone uses Buddy Buddy here, as one example, but MSN Messenger is slowly gaining popularity.

Pretty sure that MSN Messenger is one of, if not the most popular, IM services used in Korea.

Thanks for the tip on the phone recording work, BTW.
weatherman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It now seems to be working. I got mail in my Daum mail box from a Canadian friend yesterday, and seems to be working today too. Try it again, Daum made a whole new layout and page design, spam blocking option, and other cool stuff, which if I could read Korean better, I would know about. Try it again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: