Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dogsitter/s Available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mekku

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a great idea, i've been checking it from time to time.

the last few requests have been not possible cause i have vacation starting aug 3 and will be gone for a few weeks and have a dog myself that hopefully a friend will be watching. its not confirmed yet and i definitely understand the work and worry that goes into trying to plan a vacation when not being sure what to do with a dog or cat while you're gone!
Morgen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any possibility that anyone will be available during three weeks in August to dogsit a sweet, quiet long-haired chihuahua mix? I'm hoping to go home from the 7th-29th. She's a very sweet-natured (if a little bossy, but I doubt you'll experience that side of her) girl and does very well with other dogs. In her foster home she lived peacefully with a couple cats, but since coming to live with me she has learned to hate them (or really love them maybe, but she sure as hell wants to catch one when she sees it). The only time I've heard her bark has been in pursuit of a cat.

I'm happy to pay for a peaceful place where she'll be comfortable, as I really don't want to board her or subject her to being traded around for a few days at each place.
Katchafire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you located Morgen?

I will be home during August.
I am about 30 mins North of Uijeongbu. School house, fenced in yard.
Katchafire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One Air-conditioned 'bump' coming up. Wink
mimis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be able to help someone out and dog-sit from around mid-July till early August (roughly the 5th). After that, I have to go on a short vacation myself. Smile
Katchafire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Mimis, thanks for the offer to help out Smile
AliciaJC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will arrive in Seoul in about 2 weeks (my job starts aug 3rd) and I will gladly do dog sitting for anyone. I'm hard up for money during my first month and this is a nice (not to mention philanthropic) way to earn alittle extra dough.

I have open availability!
Maneki Neko

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have made this thread a sticky because I find it rather sweet.

Hope you all manage to find suitable care for your pet(s).

Just one word of advice, though. Perhaps you should leave the discussion of financial arrangements in the confines of PMs.
lionel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject: dog sitter needed ASAP! Reply with quote

Hi, my dog sitter just cancelled and we're off to Rome July 17-27. Help!

We have an toy apricot poodle, and teacup maltese (tiny little thing).

We're also dog sitting my friends dog and she was suppose to be back today but isn't picking up her phone. Which means there may be 1 more mini schnauzer.

So if anyone can take 1, 2, and hopefully not 3 little girls we would be eternally gratefully.

We can dogsit, too once we come back.

Please help!

Here's a link to what our little poodle is like:

010-3641-1465
Katchafire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just phoned you and am glad you got it all sorted out.
Have a GREAT time in Rome.

G
alibuch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm headed home for about 7 days at Christmas if anyone in Seoul is available. I will pay as well. I have a small Cocker Spaniel (half the size of a normal one), house trained (goes outside), non barking, sweet.
mimis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be able to help you out then, but it's still so far away. If I don't make any plans myself (which is likely), I'll contact you :)
siborg69

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would be able to help you out but im not in seoul......im in suwon.......
semisage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Open to House / Pet-Sitting in Korea Reply with quote

Hey guys!

Usually I've done house / pet-sitting through Craigslist, MindMyHouse, etc. This is my first time posting to an ESL site offering to watch your dogs, cats, mice, birds, fish, kangaroos, garden, or whatever else you may have.

Right now I'm researching about coming to teach in South Korea. I've come to the conclusion that the best option may be to find a type of house-sitting gig (since so many people go home for holidays). During that time I can kind of get a feel to Korea... the people, food, etc. Take a closer look at the types of jobs available, etc. This is something that can be done on a 3 month visitor stay.

Oh, I'm American. Smile I've house-sat for more than 20 people over the years in San Francisco and Portland. Mostly in Portland. Although in July it was house-sitting for someone in Paris, France for a month. I'm 28 years old, friendly, easy-going, and open-minded. Typically what I do while house-sitting is to spend a lot of time playing with the pets. Sometimes people have pets, but sometimes the owner just wants someone at their house. Occasionally there is a request to bring in the mail (most people put it on hold) or to water the garden. I'd just like to find something like this in the U.S. In fact, until I read this thread, it hadn't even occurred to me that expats would need a house-sitter in Korea. I generally thought of that as only a North American / European thing.

A lot of animals get some separation anxiety. Therefore, I think it's important to have someone around to feed and play with your pets. I'm naturally a homebody. I have a notebook computer and generally speaking I enjoy spending time at home and there always seems to be my own projects (hobbies) to work on. I've published five books of poetry over the last few years and currently have some web site ideas that I want to work on during my spare time.

Feel free to send me a message. I'll send you my resume, 4 or 5 house-sitting references, and answer whatever questions you have. I can also provide you with a copy of my U.S driver's license or U.S passport if you pick me to come house-sit. I can give you a call to touch base. No worries. I have Skype / gTalk / Yahoo, and other IM programs.

Cheers!,

Shaun Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Katchafire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still here, still available if needed.

Have a great Chuseok break everyone!

G
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: