Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

footprints recruiting...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cruisemonkey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like 'wellbe' food - the more fat and ethanol the better!
mountainous

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: 11/29/2008 Footprints Teacher Training Workshop Reply with quote

WillTurnerinVanCity wrote:
... this will help the event turn out well. It did turn out pretty well by the way, but if you're looking at straight expense/profit I believe we took a big loss on that one...-Will

Footprints, thanks again for the response.

Footprints reports that the event turned out "pretty well" - roughly how many teachers attended the event?

Does Footprints deny that no food was served at the event? How about "vast amounts of food and refreshments"? (Describe the food and drinks if any)

The "event" I refer to is the 11/29/2008 Footprints Teacher Training Workshop-just to be sure.

Link to the 11/29/2008 Footprints Teacher Training Workshop flyer posted by EFL Classroom here on Dave's http://api.ning.com/files/gICN1skwaIRsfHZwkYtVHBC2tuqHSLdm3BBdOzSDfKzhKIIf7VEud2cBZ-7vBuWRjCEaz9ytVPkTH-JzstHC-tHrvbH1KRU7/Mailmerge.jpg

Thanks for any response and Happy New Year to Footprints! Cool
yingwenlaoshi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You had to pay to go to THAT? Yay.
ddeubel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mountainous,

Again, I'll say you are even more "ridiculous". Cut out your slander.

For all others reading/listening (because I really think Mountainous has a problem with reading). Again I'll reiterate -

There were people, food, drinks. All attendees received gift coupons. Textbooks were given as well as a booklet of handouts. Excellent resources for immediate use in the classroom downloadable in a folder I made for all attendees to access. I trained the teachers all day, I'm experienced and it isn't pontification. All practical materials to be used in the classroom.

I (not Footprints) requested there be a nominal fee (25,000 won) for the day. I reiterate, research doesn't just suggest but SHOWS that teachers who pay a nominal fee for their prof. development actually feel better about the training and participate more , develop more. Yes, I was paid as a professional for my hard work. This too is necessary so the attendees feel confident in the trainer. I only took 20 % of my usual daily rate.

However, those fees collected were in no way close to covering the cost of the event. The work I and others put in, the materials, the food/beverages, internet access, the rooms, promotion etc etc.... All claims that there was misrepresentation are baseless.

There is nothing being hidden. Get over it mountainous. If others would like to see a nice video I made which shows some of the attendees - go to Project Peace, http://projectpeace.ning.com , an international project where classrooms share a message of peace, learn some English and make music videos....

Cheers,

DD
http://eflclassroom.com
mountainous

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Footprints Teacher Training Workshop Reply with quote

ddeubel wrote:
Mountainous,

Again, I'll say you are even more "ridiculous". Cut out your slander.

For all others reading/listening (because I really think Mountainous has a problem with reading). Again I'll reiterate -

There were people, food, drinks. All attendees received gift coupons. Textbooks were given as well as a booklet of handouts. Excellent resources for immediate use in the classroom downloadable in a folder I made for all attendees to access. I trained the teachers all day, I'm experienced and it isn't pontification. All practical materials to be used in the classroom.

I (not Footprints) requested there be a nominal fee (25,000 won) for the day. I reiterate, research doesn't just suggest but SHOWS that teachers who pay a nominal fee for their prof. development actually feel better about the training and participate more , develop more. Yes, I was paid as a professional for my hard work. This too is necessary so the attendees feel confident in the trainer. I only took 20 % of my usual daily rate.

However, those fees collected were in no way close to covering the cost of the event. The work I and others put in, the materials, the food/beverages, internet access, the rooms, promotion etc etc.... All claims that there was misrepresentation are baseless.

There is nothing being hidden. Get over it mountainous. If others would like to see a nice video I made which shows some of the attendees - go to Project Peace, http://projectpeace.ning.com , an international project where classrooms share a message of peace, learn some English and make music videos....

Cheers,

DD
http://eflclassroom.com

Thanks for the response�you overlooked my questions.

Describe the food and drinks if any?

Roughly how many teachers attended the event?

Companies that engage in throwing charitable/nonprofit events are more than willing (and often eager) to field basic questions about their events ergo I conclude that the Footprints Teacher Training Workshop at 20K - 30K Won per teacher was not a charitable or nonprofit event. http://api.ning.com/files/gICN1skwaIRsfHZwkYtVHBC2tuqHSLdm3BBdOzSDfKzhKIIf7VEud2cBZ-7vBuWRjCEaz9ytVPkTH-JzstHC-tHrvbH1KRU7/Mailmerge.jpg

You say it was I say it wasn't-please try to tolerate my opinion.

Thanks for any response and Happy New Year Cool
mountainous

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so was it cheetos or sushi? Laughing they won't say
joshuahirtle27

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mountainous wrote:
so was it cheetos or sushi? :lol: they won't say
Punch and Pie!
Looney

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applied to Footprints about 6 weeks ago and have not heard anything back from them yet........actually completely forgot about them until I saw this thread today.

I am a Brit too so whether that has anything to do with it I don`t know (didn`t think it was until I read some earlier comments about them!)........or they are REALLY busy.
freewill

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get "rejected" by Footprints!? I wish they had "rejected" me.

I arranged to phone them at a time that suited me.

Surely an important element of an interview for a job in Korea is how well you can stand up to a constant barrage of completely inane questions and asinine rhetoric.
sojusucks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I applied to Footprints long ago. They used questions to weed out people that had absolutely no experience abroad, at least in my opinion. Also, they couldn't seem to connect me with a school, while other recruiters could do this quickly.
andrew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by andrew on Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
lch8

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Footprints Reply with quote

First of all, I would like to say that I think it's a bit childish and unprofessional for Footprints staff to be replying to these posts. People have had bad experiences with you, get over it. I highly doubt that the ramblings of posters on Dave's ESL Cafe will effect your business negatively. I don't see the need/effectiveness to defend your company via these means.

That being said, since Footprints is so quick to respond via here...

I'm wondering what it takes for Footprints to stop working with a school? I had a terrible ending to my contract at the school I was placed at by Footprints. One negative report, fine. But I recently spoke to somebody at the same school now going through an even worse experience than I ever did. I also know that two other teachers had bad things done to them by the owners while I was completing my contract. Maybe that isn't enough for Footprints to stop doing business with the school. Fine. Money does talk.

But what if the owners of the school, a husband and wife, had a very public and very abusive relationship? I'm talking foreign teachers, Korean teachers and possibly students have all seen these two clowns go at it. Yelling at each other and even going as far as to use physical violence. I would think this is enough to pull the plug, but Footprints doesn't feel that way. They keep taking the money from that school and sending unknowing teachers there. That is irresponsible and that is truly negligent.
Illysook

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to that workshop after reading about it on here the day before. I had been in Korea for not quite three months at that point. My school is a hagwon in the middle of nowhere, I'd never taught before. I was having problems with classroom management to the point that one kid tried to spit on me, and I was pretty much at the end of my rope. I handed over my 25,000 won very happily and I got a 10,000 won gift certificate back. There were also decent snacks. I think it was fruit, tortilla chips, some sort of dip and maybe some kind of pastry. There were also some fruit juices, teas, and tubes of that stuff that passes for coffee here. I also met some nice people that day, something that has proven to be a real challenge here.

Overall, I was impressed with Footprints and if I had it to do over again, I might go with them. Perhaps, I will use them should I decide to stay another year. I doubt that I will stay, and I was pretty defeated and demoralized the day of that workshop, so I doubt that I impressed them. Still, I am sticking it out at this crapwon in the country and I think that I might turn out to be a decent teacher in the end, so you never know.
chris_J2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Footprints Reply with quote

http://www.tesall.com/international/index.pl?noframes;read=7492
ddeubel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the same site -

Quote:
In Response To: STAY AWAY FROM FOOTPRINTS AND THE EPIK PROGRAM! (Marc Morgenstern)

The gentleman that posted above also posted the exact same post on Dave's ESL Cafe and proceeded to get slaughtered for it - so much so that he deleted most of his original posts. Seriously - this is great stuff - http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=125730&highlight=footprints

Chris - you'd make a great spokesperson for Goerring or maybe even Olmert...LOL. This was right beside the post you pasted, why didn't you include it????

DD
http://eflclassroom.ning.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: