Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

footprints recruiting...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris_J2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Footprints Reply with quote

ddeubel wrote:

Quote:
you'd make a great spokesperson for Goerring

If you'd bothered to read the entire thread, instead of resorting to offensive ad hominems, you would have noticed that I have already commented on my personal, negative experiences, with Footprints.

Granted, the person in the link I provided, didn't approach / refute his rejection, in a very diplomatic manner, by attacking everyone & everything, but he was rejected by Footprints, despite being highly qualified.

Last edited by chris_J2 on Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
cvmurrieta

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: footprints recruiting... Reply with quote

Bucheonguy wrote:
As most of you can probably guess I'm looking for another job. So I applied to footprints recruiting.

They phoned me up at 7:30 on a Saturday for an interview which really pissed me off. The questions they asked though were so bizzare.

"Have you ever encountered a culture that's different from your own?"
It was hard not to be a little surprised because it's on my resume that I've been living here for a year now. After my initial "What," I gave them did you read my resume answer. It'ss all there.

"Do you have any experience leading a project?" Once again on my resume. So I told them.

So the rude woman went on. I could tell by her tone of voice that she was pissed off about something.

"Do you have an experience with a second language? Taken classes for example..." Of course I have experience! I've lived in Korea for almost a year and grew up in Canada so I had to take French.

So finally, after an hour of these stupid questions she says we're finished. Biggest waste of my time ever considering it's all on my resume! The biggest piss off though, was when I got an email this morning telling me I've been rejected! What the hell is that? Has anyone else ever been rejected?

Anyway, biggest pain in the ass interview, rude interviewer and rejected at the end... Wow is all I can say... wow... For those of you going with footprints, have fun and good luck.

I can't believe how much this mirrors my experience. I had my first interview scheduled on a Wednesday at 7am. I was OK with that since I am in Japan and they in Canada. Well, 7am rolls around. No call. I finally waited 15 minutes before emailing and telling them that I need to go to work. They get back to me later to say that someone had shown up at the office and thus couldn't interview me. Ok, fair enough.

They asked when I would like to interview next. I had mentioned on a Friday or Saturday. They schedule me for a Thursday at 8am. Not good because I start work at 9am and must take the bus to work. So they eventually agree to a Saturday.

The person who interviewed me was nice but a bit of an airhead and didn't let me ask any questions. I even did the interview over Skype so that they could see I was dressed in business clothing.

"Have you ever encountered a culture that's different from your own?"
Yes, I currently live in northern Japan.

"Do you have an experience with a second language?"
Japanese. I am currently working as a translator in the Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Programme.

"Do you have any experience leading a project?"
Uh, yes. I had mentioned that I am putting together a project to teach people in my city of 1 million about Major League Baseball.

Then I got the email yesterday telling me I wasn't qualified.

More than anything I was turned off by their forgetfulness and not offering me interview times I had requested until the third request.
Luciddreamer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my experience, footprints recruiting is great. I have two recruiters within the agency -- one for public schools, and one for private schools as I am interested in teaching at either one.

They are both prompt with e-mails and clarify any questions I have.

I guess it depends on who within the footprints recruiting agency you land with.
emmuh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Mac wrote:
I think Footprints is pretty out of touch with how things work here.

They're really slow to respond. And the responses you do get seem to be computer generated and out of context with your personal situation. I gave up on them before the phone interview. I don't know any other recruiter that makes you jump through so many useless hoops.

same. I bailed on them to. lol
cedarseoul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't really comment on the organization itself, other than to say that my experience with Footprints (2+ years ago) was mostly positive. (They were a little slow to respond to questions, but when they did, their responses were generally helpful.)

I do want to share, though, that I recently had the privilege to meet Ben Glickman. He visited my school, and we spoke for about 1/2 hour. During the meeting, he and his partner were highly courteous and professional; they took detailed notes, and they seemed genuinely interested in our feedback on their program. We voiced some of our concerns, and they seemed eager to address them. Overall - I was very impressed, and I'd certainly work with Footprints again (either as a teacher soliciting employment or as a hiring manager seeking new recruits).
cvmurrieta

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it is a couple of days later, and I have moved on.

I think the lesson I learned is the same as the signature phrase the Japanese Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program uses for new teachers: Every Situation Is Different (ESID). To rephrase that for Footprints: Each interviewer is different.

I was more disappointed with the lack of professional courtesy (eg. forgetting phone appointments) than I was with the outright rejection.

Too bad that Footprints doesn't have a teacher referral program. Then the director of the play I am in could recommend me. She was accepted by Footprints but decided to teach with the JET Program. It was her positive experience that led me to contact them in the first place.

I am glad others had a positive experience.
Luciddreamer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, when I was doing a telephone interview with one of the footprints recruiter, he told me that they were selective in who they accept, accepting only about 20%. Does this sound right? Or, did the dude just say that to make his company look selective so I choose him over other recruiters?
SandyG21

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I scheduled an interview during the only time they said that was available.

Took personal days from both my jobs to have the phone interview.

Person failed to call. I called them. They were not prepared at all!

Had not even looked at my information!

Told me I needed to sign an exclusive 5 year no compete clause with him as my only recruiter and no one else.

Then told me the job I wanted wasn't available - it was and still is listed on their website.

Told me he wanted me to come over without a contract or work visa to work in a hagwon.

I was totally insulted by his attitude.

Seems to me if you have a business - you might want to take these complaints seriously and listen to the way your recruiters talk to the teachers that are placed.

Rather than get defensive - listen to what people are saying about FR.

I am sure others have a positive experience - but if you want to make more money - then listen to what we are saying about how recruiters are responding or not responding to teachers.

By the way I am a state side licensed teacher with experience.

I am interested in applying to jobs currently listed on FR - but considering the treatment I received before - I plan to use other recruiters.

I have talked to teachers who like FR - but like others have said - it all depends on who within the company takes your information and is assigned to your request.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: