Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

footprints recruiting...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teelo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was rejected because they didn't like my non-american accent.
joshuahirtle27

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My interview was with some guy. He kept asking me about my experience. I told him I was a substitute back home and he wouldn't let off about that. He couldn't tell me anything useful about Korea, the students I might be working with or anything like that. But I was assured that Korea is very different than Canada. Then I got an e-mail from them about 3 days later telling me about other agencies I might want to try.
maingman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: ,, Reply with quote

Ice tea

Footprints isn't very well organized. BS They send out silly emails and they take forever to respond. BS

Local recruiters are so much more responsive. BS Maybe they aren't getting enough jobs so they are rejecting people. Or maybe they're popularity means they get more applicants than they need, so they just arbitrarily reject people Arrow
sobriquet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: ,, Reply with quote

maingman wrote:
Ice tea

Footprints isn't very well organized. BS They send out silly emails and they take forever to respond. BS

Local recruiters are so much more responsive. BS Maybe they aren't getting enough jobs so they are rejecting people. Or maybe they're popularity means they get more applicants than they need, so they just arbitrarily reject people Arrow

What??
egrog1717

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've thrown in my 2 cents with Footprints in other threads, so why not here as well? LOL

With them it really seems to be hit or miss with who you have handling your file... Case in point:

I applied to Footprints back in June for an SMOE position with an August start date... My guy (Ryan) was amazing... Super fast to respond to my concerns, helped me out when I was having issues with my consulate, set up everything for me to arrive on literally the last day of the orientation with no hassle what so ever... Top notch kind of guy (to the point where he would literally phone me any time there was a problem, or phone me back if I had an urgent question - instead of just sending me an email)...

However...

My girlfriend applied to them about two months ago... Her interview went great and she was accepted into their hiring program... But that's where things started going badly... Her guy (Jordan) was an idiot... She kept stressing that she wanted to work in Seoul, and he kept sending her Hagwon offers from Daegu, Busan, The Boonies, Middle Earth, etc etc etc... To make it worse, they were all bottom of the barrel crap-wons like Kids Club, Wonderland, and SLP... She finally said enough was enough and asked for a new agent with them... She was passed to another guy who quit two days later, then passed to a completly new guy... And somewhere along the way they forgot to pass along her file, so he wanted her to do the initial interview again... She told them to take a flying leap and is now having her application processed by Teach Away...

Moral of the story - Ask for Ryan if he's still there Razz LOL
andrew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by andrew on Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:11 am; edited 3 times in total
waseige1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Ditto... Reply with quote

I had a similar experience as many others here. Slow to respond, form emails, seemed like BS.

I switched to ESL Planet (Rowan) and it was a breeze. ABSOLUTELY no BS. Right to the point on everything.
Rumple

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrew wrote:
A bit over a year ago I responded to another forum regarding Footprints. They placed me in Gangwon-do and I worked the contract; however, I wasn't renewed due to a confrontation mid-contract with a crazy female middle-age teacher who acted very unprofessionally. They sent me on another interview to SMOE (I guess since it was in Seoul) but it was obvious they weren't going to listen to me and I was denied. I was frustrated with the whole process. I worked with a woman who did act somewhat snotty toward me after I wasn't reaccepted, and said I would not recommend Footprints in the forum. That was ALL I said.

The director then came on and started divulging emails I had written him, discrediting me and being very childish for someone running a business. If he was going to react like that to a simple "I don't recommend Footprints". Beware!

Yeah, I remember that thread. You're exaggerating again, just like you were then: that wasn't ALL you said. Ben Glickman came on and tore you a new A-hole for all the BS you spouted. You were the one talking about your big-shot consulting business and threatening to sue them for rejecting you. You better watch it or Ben will come on here and start in on you again. Remember, you ended up agreeing to delete all your posts in that thread because he humiliated you, and the other posters in the thread started taking turns kicking you in the ass. Don't start talking sh*t about Footprints in a new forum and expect it won't happen again.

You've been warned.
Ice Tea

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: ,, Reply with quote

maingman wrote:
Ice tea

Ok first of all. Just quoting what I said and writing BS at the end of every sentence isn't what I call a critical response. Care to elaborate?

And why out of all the negative post here about Footprints, you picked mine to "slam"?
esetters21

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daz1979 wrote:
Ha!

3 years later and they're still crap! I have to say Footprints were by far the worst recruiters that I used. They didn't reject me, but they just didn't listen to a word I said and set up interviews without even asking me if I was interested in the job.

if I ever had to use a recruiter again.

Yes, that about sums up my experience with them several years ago as well. The calls never came at the time they said they would. They had a difficult time listening to preferences of location, age groups, etc...

I chose at that time to not use a recruiter to secure my first job, which I stayed at for nearly 3 years, and did not use one when I switched to ps.

They aren't absolutely necessary, especially if you are already in country.
joshuahirtle27

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: ,, Reply with quote

Ice Tea wrote:
maingman wrote:
Ice tea

Local recruiters are so much more responsive. BS Maybe they aren't getting enough jobs so they are rejecting people. Or maybe they're popularity means they get more applicants than they need, so they just arbitrarily reject people :arrow:

Ok first of all. Just quoting what I said and writing BS at the end of every sentence isn't what I call a critical response. Care to elaborate?

And why out of all the negative post here about Footprints, you picked mine to "slam"?

I think he makes some very valid points... especially with that right facing arrow. I was all like "no way, he didn't just say that", and then I re-read it and he did.
pest2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anytime now, the co-owner of Footprints is going to come on here and start singling some of out name for (justifiably) damaging the reputation of his company, Footprints. He has done this in the past... I just dont care, personally, since Im not in Korea and I'm not going back...

Here are some other threads re Footprints:

http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=138492&highlight=footprints
http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=74804&highlight=footprints
http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=80593&highlight=footprints
http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=75651&highlight=footprints
http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=71116&highlight=footprints

Basically, with Footprints you have a recruiter that is School-focused insofar as the money making emphasis goes. Recruiters have to stay in business somehow.. They have to have a good reputation with both schools and teachers who use them. Footprints capitalizes on lower quality, desperate schools who will probably pay more money and create a good reputation for the company for other schools to be aware. They do this, however, at the expense of teachers who have to go work in those schools in locations they didnt ask for.

If this website was geared toward hakwons and others in need of English teachers, maybe I'd recommend them.. but its geared toward teachers, so its best to warn against them vehemently.
andrew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by andrew on Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:41 am; edited 7 times in total
crusher_of_heads

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recommend the supersized Big Mac meals, especially in the holiday season.

My younger brother's name is Andrew, and that is true. Being overweight is a visible sign of moral failure, and that is also true.

You are welcome.
MikeGrey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,
"You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one
set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,
"The times when you have
seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: