Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

footprints recruiting...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ddeubel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As was stated above, "everyone has the right to their opinion". We should judge that opinion based on a variety of factors however. That's for each of us to decide.

With any large recruiter, you are going to hear a minority complaining. In some cases, it is a problem on the recruiter's end - in some cases, it is a teacher who just doesn't want to be responsible for not doing the right thing or doing their "homework". Much easier to bitch.

From my own perspective, Footprints is the ONLY recruiter (that I'm aware of) that provides a website that actually helps teachers with lesson plans / materials (I've had many teachers tell me how much that has helped them).

Further, I've spoken individually and in groups to hundreds of Footprints recruited teachers. I've only gotten good reports.

I have no affiliation with them, only the wish to work with people who want to do the best job possible, nothing half ass. Footprints has done that and of the many recruiters in Korea they are the ONLY one who spent their cash on a teacher training seminar. Providing great training for their teachers after they'd been placed.

I could go on. I would in no way hesitate to recommend them. However, do your own homework about what is best for you, locations, rules/regulations, procedures, contracts, stipulations. It is always "caveat emptor".

DD
http://eflclassroom.ning.com
Ben Glickman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Footprints Recruiting Reply with quote

Last edited by Ben Glickman on Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
andrew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by andrew on Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:33 am; edited 4 times in total
zipperhead2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used em', wound up at a crappy hagwon. Just another story............ Confused
chris_J2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Footprints Reply with quote

I used them last year, & wasn't impressed. They also have a policy of refusing to discuss reasons for their illogical decisions. And I had a different staff member, every time they contacted me.
Rumple

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, my bad! Had the wrong guy.

Everyone, I retract my comments about Andrew.

However, Andrew, I did also tell you that BG would come here and tear you a new one, and I think that's been done. You were warned, like I said. Should have learned from that other guy's mistakes, whomever he was.
esetters21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumple wrote:
Oops, my bad! Had the wrong guy.

Everyone, I retract my comments about Andrew.

However, Andrew, I did also tell you that BG would come here and tear you a new one, and I think that's been done. You were warned, like I said. Should have learned from that other guy's mistakes, whomever he was.

Rolling Eyes
The Grumpy Senator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the hiring for my former school and I have nothing but good things to say about Ben, Dave, and Ryan at Footprints. They always keep both the school and the teachers up to date with what is happening. They have been a big help trying to figure out the new visa requirements and always provide excellent candidates for hire. In my time at my school, we have hired well over 50 teachers from Footprints and everything has gone smooth, over 50% of our teachers have even signed an extension to stay longer. I am a Footprints alumni myself with 3 years at the school they put me in contact with.

I know you cannot make everyone happy all the time, but I think Footprints does a far better job than any of the other recruiters I have dealt with.
afsjesse

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about FP, but I do HIGHLY recommend ESL PLANET. Contact Rowan!!!! I think its www.esl-planet.com or something like that. Perfect placement!
mountainous

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Grumpy Senator wrote:
In my time at my school, we have hired well over 50 teachers from Footprints and everything has gone smooth, over 50% of our teachers have even signed an extension to stay longer. I am a Footprints alumni myself with 3 years at the school they put me in contact with.

Can you or one of your co-workers at Footprints describe a typical job that Footprints fills.

After all, a recruiter never pays a penny of salary, not a penny. Talk about the job, including the first year salary. Wink
The Grumpy Senator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mountainous wrote:
The Grumpy Senator wrote:
In my time at my school, we have hired well over 50 teachers from Footprints and everything has gone smooth, over 50% of our teachers have even signed an extension to stay longer. I am a Footprints alumni myself with 3 years at the school they put me in contact with.

Can you or one of your co-workers at Footprints describe a typical job that Footprints fills.

After all, a recruiter never pays a penny of salary, not a penny. Talk about the job, including the first year salary. Wink

Can't help you on that one. Never worked for Footprints; not Canadian, never even been to Canada.

I can see why they did not recruit you, based on your habit of making dumbass assumptions.
mountainous

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: used car salesmen Reply with quote

ddeubel wrote:
Further, I've spoken individually and in groups to hundreds of Footprints recruited teachers. I've only gotten good reports.

75% of teachers report being screwed over http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=129843 but 100% of the teachers that you met gave positive reports. Sounds believable. Smile

ddeubel wrote:
I could go on. I would in no way hesitate to recommend them.

The jobs that they get teachers pay $7/hour. I note the absence of any mention of salary throughout your endorsement of the recruiter (who does not actually pay any teacher a penny of salary). Are you currently selling advertising to Footprints or hoping to do so in the future? Wink

glickman and deubel...did you guys used to sell cars together? Laughing
The Grumpy Senator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: used car salesmen Reply with quote

mountainous wrote:
ddeubel wrote:

75% of teachers report being screwed over http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=129843 but 100% of the teachers that you met gave positive reports. Sounds believable. Smile

ddeubel wrote:
I could go on. I would in no way hesitate to recommend them.

The jobs that they get teachers pay $7/hour. I note the absence of any mention of salary throughout your endorsement of the recruiter (who does not actually pay any teacher a penny of salary). Are you currently selling advertising to Footprints or hoping to do so in the future? Wink

glickman and deubel...did you guys used to sell cars together? Laughing

Truly, you do not assume that every teacher in Korea responded to that survey.

My former school started salary at 2.1 with no experience. That is 13,000 won per hour based on a 40 work week (28 teaching hours) and before added perks and bonuses. All together, more than double your $7 an hour assumption.

Good job on passing on this guy, Ben.
Donald Frost

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Footprints contacted me in April of 2003 with a very encouraging pledge to find a suitable position a.s.a.p. in Seoul. When I called the Footprints office, a male informed me that I was no longer one of their prospective instructors because I am not from Canada. He then hung up the telephone.

A Canadian man once complained to our circle of friends that Footprints colluded with his public school employer for his sudden sacking from his job over, he said, a promise made to him in writing by the company. The guy claimed to us that he received no notice of his dismissal whatsoever and that Footprints was absolutely cruel towards him when he contacted them. He told us that he was going to go to Vancouver to sue Footprints.
ddeubel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Mountainous,

I will state this for the last time. Don't know Ben and have nothing to do with Footprints. I don't sell anything or make a penny in any way from teaching other than my salary and payments for workshops/lectures I deliver.

I have organized and led the SMOE orientations for the last 3 years. A good number of the teachers (hundreds) come from Footprints. I keep in touch with many teachers also through EFL Classroom 2.0, our own teacher supported website. I travel throughout the year and speak/train and do my utmost to give teachers who want, professional development. I stand by my own opinion that my survey is much more thorough than a messageboard discussion like the one you refer to.

Your snide remarks only belittle you and your opinion. I suggest you focus on doing some positive things for teachers and aiming your energy into what can be done.

DD
http://eflclassroom.ning.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: