Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Health Insurance????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRH

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 6:05 pm    Post subject: Health Insurance???? Reply with quote

Hello

My wife and I both have been paying health insurance out of our pay every month. I have to go to a clinic soon (I think), and I have been wondering shouldn't I have a health insurance card or something? Any info on this would be appreciated....

Thanks
Cheers
CRH
vdowd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject: Health Reply with quote

Hello,

In answer to your query - yes, you should have received a card from your employer - it is vital. However, it is not a card (like a credit card) that we have at home but more like a small plastic folder with a paper document that proves that you have health insurance. I don't know how long you have been in Korea but it did take a while for my employer to receive - about 1 month.

Good luck
rick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I strongly recommend that you get international insurance to supplement your coverage. Korean insurance only covers a part of all costs. This is fine if you have the flu but if you have a major accident you will get screwed. I had a CAT scan done on my eye and had to pay 100,000 won. If something really serious happened to me, I'd get stuck paying millions of won.
mokpochica

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 9:17 pm    Post subject: ISIC card ITIC card Reply with quote

The ISIC and ITIC cards have some insurance benefits that come with them. You can buy them for about $25 at any STA travel agency. They have sort of a weird beginning and expiration date, but they are worth getting.

Here's an address to check out for info about these cards:
http://www.counciltravel.com/idcards/default.asp

You can go to this page to find agencies that will help you get this card:
http://www.istcnet.org/DiscountMgr/Silverstream/Pages/TravelOffices.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: