Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coming back to Korea from Taiwan - Advice
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mysteriousdeltarays

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taiwan is a wonderful place. You'll love the Betal Nut Girls, not to mention betal nut per se.

Nice internet connections there! May I suggest International Avenue Consulting.

The best of the agents there. They will even pick you up at the airport and sweep you down to the center of the country! A very differant world!

You might try a stint at the Taipei Hostel to "orient youself" but probably best to just do the airport pick up.
jajdude

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful? Hmmm...? (and after your experience mysterious?)

I'm not sure which place has the greater ratio of B.S. jobs but Taiwan has a lot of 'em that are basically part-time, and some of the materials used in that place are almost as bad as having no materials at all. Good and bad experiences are common in both Taiwan and Korea. One thing about Korea, it's easier to read the local language. Overall I do get the impression that Korea is taking the English language learning a little more seriously than Taiwan, but then any given academy can be bad.
paul

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 7:56 pm    Post subject: living in taiwan Reply with quote

I know this may sound inexcuseable, especially form an academic point of view, but I don't really care about the teaching level or materials in Taiwan. I have my own material and experience to go on. I am curious about the overall quality of life. Like how's the weather? Are there 8 million poeple on the streets everyday like in Seoul? Are the women friendly? Does the language give you headaches? Is the money good...stuff like that. Very Happy
chi-chi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mods you may delete

Last edited by chi-chi on Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
mysteriousdeltarays

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe that I actually posted that message above, although it is pure sarcasism.

Taiwan is really awfull! It is a good place if you are are a psycopathic killer. Taiwan is the part-time job capital of the world. Actually Greg Williams has a fairly good spin on it these days on his old gray list. But just spin nothing in depth. Those people were so dishonest it was unbelievable.

I never did figure out what was going on over there. Young and cute were very big.

That was sarcasim above. Taiwan is... well whatever it turns out to be, but in my opinion ... a real dump. I don'y know it might be cool if you are into astrology, the China Post always has these "it is a good day for installing kitchen stoves in it." That people really take seriously. I mean seriously.

Keep away from IACC my brief encounter with them could be considered frieghtening or laughable depending upon mood and disposition I suppose.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: