Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Discussions about legal issues regarding visas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OculisOrbis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not true. if you're going to continue working even one day past the date on your arc, you need an amended contract reflecting your new end date and you'll have to pay a fee - either 30 or 60 000 won, can't recall which. the free departure extension, that you need a plane ticket to get, is good for your extra stay, but not for working under any circumstances.
PatrickGHBusan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ATEK jumped into the advocacy arena again by publicly tossing its support behind the letter of complaint to NAVER against the racist Korean group that posts crap on Naver.
Chamomile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you sign a new contract with the same school do you need to get a new visa? Not a renewal, just a new contract with a school that you haven't started to work for yet. Specifically, if you sign a contract with a school and get a visa, and then want to sign a new contract with an earlier start date, can you use the same visa?
Von Tristof

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For reasons I can't decipher my school has decided to end the contract early, but fortunately are willing to give me a good reference, letter of release, and visa transfer. The problem is at least half the recruiters I'm going through have said that my visa cannot be transferred because I haven't worked six months. The other recruiters say that all I need is a letter of release.

Who is right?
OculisOrbis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If youre planning on transferring to a hagwon then the recruiter is right. If youre transferring to a public school then you are probably ok.
Von Tristof

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which recruiters are right? Do you mean I have to do all this documents nonsense all over again? The only real trouble will be the criminal record check. How do I get that from Korea?
OculisOrbis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are transferring to a hagwon, you need to do everything again. If your transferring to a public school with the letter of release, you dont need everything again.
PatrickGHBusan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those that are interested...ATEK updates on roboseyo and on chris in south Koreas blog.

There seems to be a debate going on within ATEK and a splinter group seeing the light of day as a result of this.

The roboseyo link

http://roboseyo.blogspot.com/2010/04/more-atek-news.html

The chris in south korea link:

http://chrisinsouthkorea.blogspot.com/2010/04/rumblings-around-atek-and-new-group.html

The new group seems to be called or will be called FREED and seems to be based largely out of Busan.

This is an interesting development in the whole ATEK saga.
leopard7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: To TJ: Reply with quote

TJ said, "Lee Bok-nam is the Director of the Border Control Division, of the Korean Immigration Service;" how do you know that? What are your sources? Be specific. Then, TJ said someone was "crossing legal borders?" What borders? Where did you get your law degree?
T-J

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, I didn't say "Lee Bok-nam is the Director of the Border Control Division, of the Korean Immigration Service." I quoted that line from the KT and provided a link to the original article.

Secondly, my original quote was
Quote:

Careful, you are crossing some legal lines you don't want to cross in Korea.

and it was in reference to another poster insinuating that a Korean politician was engaged in illegal activities. The line I was referring to was the slander defamation line, that you don't want to cross in Korea.

You by the way are very close to that line, sir and I would ask you kindly to take a step back from it.
leopard7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: To TJ: Reply with quote

If you stop attacking my posts, I will stop attacking yours.
T-J

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: To TJ: Reply with quote

leopard7 wrote:
If you stop attacking my posts, I will stop attacking yours.

The difference is you attempt to attack the poster, I on the other hand address the content or lack there in of the post. Huge difference, that I'm not sure you can appreciate. But I do hope that you eventually do.

Good day.
leopard7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: TJ: Reply with quote

Just like old times at AFEK where you have to put your two cents in about anything you haven't studied. Yeah, you said The Korea Times didn't say who their source was about hagwons closing--since you never took journalism, I'll teach you--newspapers don't HAVE to give their sources anyomore---this isn't the '80s. Read some law books or something, you are WAY behind the times.
T-J

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: TJ: Reply with quote

leopard7 wrote:

you said The Korea Times didn't say who their source was about hagwons closing

I never said any such thing.
leopard7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: TJ: Reply with quote

Sleepy in Seoul wrote:
Quote:
As an official from the Ministry of Justice responsible for visa issuance, I would like to express my view after reading a Feb. 12 Korea Times article, ``Testing Teachers for Drugs and AIDS,'' by Prof. Benjamin Wagner.

This is merely one Immigration official's opinion.

Quote:

Lee Bok-nam is director of the Border Control Division, the Korea Immigration Service

This is not just a desk jockey at your local immigration office.

This is a copy of what you said--clearly, you said Lee Bok-nam is director of the Border Control Division, the Korea Immigration service--then you said: "This is no joke." For those of us who read English correctly (I don't know where you learned yours) it's case closed. It takes a man to admit he's wrong--are you man enough?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 34 of 37

Jump to: