Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Share 3 true things about yourself.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yagremohbhg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I can predict future events with as high as 99.9% certainty. It all began next Tuesday at 4.45pm....

2. I barely pay for food, as I wrote in another thread, I live near the coast, so set a rope-bucket trap daily before work and after my hakwan shift, I check my catch which usually consists of a cpl small fish, a crab or two, some sea snails and small octopi. Cook it up and HELLO FREE FOOD. I've always found the concept of paying for something that is essentially free should you just make the effort a very stupid thing.

3. I microwave my socks / pants in the morning if they haven't dried properly. I wouldn't advise this as they break down over a while and get lots of small holes in. Just do your laundry on a decent schedule. I would but I'm out spying a lot of the time, so sometimes my laundry is still wet.
Dodge7

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yagremohbhg wrote:
1. I can predict future events with as high as 99.9% certainty. It all began next Tuesday at 4.45pm....

2. I barely pay for food, as I wrote in another thread, I live near the coast, so set a rope-bucket trap daily before work and after my hakwan shift, I check my catch which usually consists of a cpl small fish, a crab or two, some sea snails and small octopi. Cook it up and HELLO FREE FOOD. I've always found the concept of paying for something that is essentially free should you just make the effort a very stupid thing.

3. I microwave my socks / pants in the morning if they haven't dried properly. I wouldn't advise this as they break down over a while and get lots of small holes in. Just do your laundry on a decent schedule. I would but I'm out spying a lot of the time, so sometimes my laundry is still wet.

what a freak.
i_teach_esl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. i cut my own hair, and it looks it. I think im secretly trying to challenge people to call me on it, but i'm sure they wont b/c most strangers seem to be a little afraid of me.

2. when i first arrived in 2007, i tried and hated kimchi jiggae. I tried it again for the second time last week and i LOVED it.

3. i prefer kurt russell over chuck norris.
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i_teach_esl wrote:
1. i cut my own hair, and it looks it. I think im secretly trying to challenge people to call me on it, but i'm sure they wont b/c most strangers seem to be a little afraid of me.

2. when i first arrived in 2007, i tried and hated kimchi jiggae. I tried it again for the second time last week and i LOVED it.

3. i prefer kurt russell over chuck norris.

I knew you were going to make it in Korea when we met. Smile
Free World

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 true things about yourself. Reply with quote

cheezsteakwit wrote:
Kinda creepy reading your own words years after the fact, I'd imagine.

More nostalgic than creepy for me. Funny how attitudes and positions change over time. I thought I knew a lot more 10 years ago than I know today.
PRagic

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) The more successful I become, the less I care about dressing up. I wear ties for weddings and funerals.

2) The older I get, the more I realize that I have consistently surrounded myself with people, my wife included, who make their own way in the world on their own terms.

3) In total, it took me longer to finish my undergrad degree than it took me to finish my Master's and Ph.D. combined.
NYC_Gal 2.0

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm good at scoring comfy chairs at music festivals (and outdoor events in general).

I miss Korean food, though wouldn't want it every day.

The sound of crying kids makes me laugh if it's just a kid throwing a tantrum. If they're genuinely in pain or trouble, of course I care. It's generally just when there's a kid going full meltdown out in public because their parents tell them they can't have ice cream or something. I find it hilarious.
Underwaterbob

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Everything in my first post in this thread is still pretty much true.
2. I first posted in this thread 3 days after my 32nd birthday.
3. I am now 39.
Stain

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well since this is an anonymous site, I will relunctantly share three true things about myself.

1. I am a human.
2. I eat food.
3. I drink water.

Anything more than this, then it could damage me. Shit, I've said too much already. The fact that I joined this forum using an email address means that people could find me. They will know my opinions and my character traits! How dare you ask me three true things about myself, Devil!
BigBuds

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Hung like a horse
2. Better looking than Brad Pitt
3. Make Donald Drumph (Trump) seem like a pauper.
frankhenry

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Work 36 hours per week and get 3 weeks vacation each year.

2. Feel like my employer is stuffing me.

3. Live with my wife, mother in law, and wife's aunt and uncle because I can't afford my own place on my 2.0 uni salary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: