Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Already in Korea but changing jobs... health check again?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebektionary

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Already in Korea but changing jobs... health check again? Reply with quote

I was just wondering the likelihood of my new school wanting to take me in for a medical check. I already have an E2 visa. In the contract I'm going to sign, it says "depending on the status of the visa". If all they have to do is transfer the visa, will they not ask me to do a medical check again?
ttompatz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Already in Korea but changing jobs... health check again Reply with quote

thebektionary wrote:
I was just wondering the likelihood of my new school wanting to take me in for a medical check. I already have an E2 visa. In the contract I'm going to sign, it says "depending on the status of the visa". If all they have to do is transfer the visa, will they not ask me to do a medical check again?

NOT for immigration.
Maybe for the MOE.
Maybe for the employer.

thebektionary

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a private elementary school, so I don't think I'd have to do it for the MOE. So basically it's up to the school now.
midnightpariah

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in a similar situation and the MoE required that I have a new one done even though my old one was only 2 months old.
isitts

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure you can have your present school transfer your documents (ie: your medical check) to the new school. But if your check was from your first year, you likely would have been asked to do another one even if you'd stayed with the same school.
schwa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Public schools (not sure about private elementary schools) have their own govt-mandated biannual health check requirement for all teachers, based on birth year.

Its not a big deal & minimally invasive, I did it this week. Took 45 minutes of my time & was free. The results are private -- they'll mail them to my home address.

Funny follow-up. The consulting doc at the end had nothing to say about my health but asks if he can ask a personal question. "Can you teach me english?"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: